Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Hyperlinks in JPivot

Default Hyperlinks in JPivot

Is there a way to instruct JPivot to make hyperlinks from specifically displayed data?

For example, the lowest level of my Customer dimension is the Customer account. What I would like to do is to have JPivot create a hyperlink from that data so that a simple click will open a customer record form.

Does this make sense? If yes, can it be done?

DEinspanjer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gdrnec View Post
    Is there a way to instruct JPivot to make hyperlinks from specifically displayed data?

For example, the lowest level of my Customer dimension is the Customer account. What I would like to do is to have JPivot create a hyperlink from that data so that a simple click will open a customer record form.

Does this make sense? If yes, can it be done?
    I want to do exactly this. Can it be done? I've added to my mondrian schema a dimension that references a degenerate dimension column in my fact table containing the id to hyperlink. The URL format is pretty simple for bugzilla: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=<BUG_ID>

Can this be done so it displays in the drill-through table?

This is possible with the standard version of JPivot but was missed with Pentaho's integration in JPivot. I'm adding this functionality in Pentaho. If you want, as soon as it will be available, I'll let you know and I'll be happy to give you the chance to try it out.

Regards

Sergio

DEinspanjer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sramazzina View Post
    This is possible with the standard version of JPivot but was missed with Pentaho's integration in JPivot. I'm adding this functionality in Pentaho. If you want, as soon as it will be available, I'll let you know and I'll be happy to give you the chance to try it out.

Regards

Sergio
    That would be lovely. I'd also be interested in hearing about possible support in PAT or in the enterprise analysis viewer as we'll be investigating both of those tools soon.

Oooh if it wasn't you daniel I'd flame you for reopening an old thread ... but anyway, yeah we're looking at including metadata and various extended cell types post 1.0, magical hyperlinks and the ability to attach additional comments etc to cells.

Tom
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

pstoellberger Guest

Daniel, do you just want that in the drill-through table?
    If you have any other requirements, feel free to file feature requests for PAT in JIRA

DEinspanjer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pstoellberger View Post
    Daniel, do you just want that in the drill-through table?
    If you have any other requirements, feel free to file feature requests for PAT in JIRA
    Yeah. Ideally, I'd really like to just have the id as a dimension with the URL defined as a property or something.

I don't know if I feel right filing a feature request given I'm not a contributing user yet, but I'll do so in the most helpful spirit.

And as far as reopening an old thread, I see nothing wrong with opening a thread that asks exactly the same question as I wanted when that question was never answered at all. It saves electrons over creating a new identical thread.