Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: how to get output fields from xsd?

Default how to get output fields from xsd?

Hi,

i'm new to pentaho, kettle (pdi) and to xml , as well, so maybe i post a newbie question here:

i tried pdi 2.5.2 and 3.0 and i'm able to connect and get data from database with no problems. I wonder if there is an option, and which, to create an output xml "getting fields" from a xsd, and also how i could "match" the db_fields <> xml_fields.

it's just a plain record xml structure, i could do that by hand but among all the wonders of pdi, there could be some xsd secret which i don't know..

anybody has hints?

Smile

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by marco_pentaho View Post
    Hi,

i'm new to pentaho, kettle (pdi) and to xml , as well, so maybe i post a newbie question here:

i tried pdi 2.5.2 and 3.0 and i'm able to connect and get data from database with no problems. I wonder if there is an option, and which, to create an output xml "getting fields" from a xsd,
    I don't think so, you may ask this New Feature on Jira.
    and also how i could "match" the db_fields <> xml_fields.(...)
    You may try the Get Fields button in XML Input step Fields tab after having set the name of the root Element(s) in Content tab.

a+, =)
    -=Clément=-

I need the same function, I mean, generate an empty xml from a xsd.
    What I'm trying to do is to take the values from xsd through Get data from XML, and create columns named as the values.
    Is there someone who has already done a thing like this?