Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Spoon 3.0.0 GA problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Spoon 3.0.0 GA problem

Hi, i was working with the 2.5 version, and upgrade to 3.0.0, i did everything so that i could load the repository correctly and it worked fine, i was working with my transformation, i can't remember if spoon crashed or what, but the next time i open spoon and load my transformation and i get the following error:

Code:
    An error occured reading a transformation from the repository

Unexpected error reading step information from the repository

Error loading condition from the repository (id_condition=23)

Error loading condition from the repository (id_condition=25)

Unable to load Value from repository with id_value=3

constant String : couldn't convert String to number 
    Unparseable number: "0"
    Please any help?

Try to patch your release like this:

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread...180#post175180

Let us know if this worked. (it should)

Matt

With those files on it, spoon isnt running. Running Windows XP machine

I just solved this in a rudimentary way, i went to my repository databes, and at the R_VALUE i changed the value in VALUE_TYPE where ID_VALUE=3 from "Number" to "String" and this allowed me to open the transformation.
    But Filter Rows seems to have a problem, i drop the Filter Row that is the one giving me the problem, i delete de ID_VALUE=3 data at my Repository DB and i create a new filter row, seting the following:
    debe1 <> Value (Number, 0, #.#, -1, -1, just like it appears as defualt) and can work with it, but if i save it, exit and open again, the error comes back again. Considering the "debe1" field comes from a calculator with the folowing type: Number, 15, 5.

Thanks in your advice

The conversion mask was not set appropriately and that's what this patch fixes.
    Another user on the forum had the same problem and reported success with it.

The thing is that with those jars, when i double clicked spoon.bat, it opens the command promt and closes and spoon is not opened... if i see the task manager there is the javaw process but spoon doesn't open. How can i debug it so that i can give more data about this??

Hi Matt

i have the same problem. I was using the Filter Rows step in a tranformation, where i wanted to filter against a Integer value. I got the same error as above.
    I tried the patch, spoon was working, but i still got the same error and could not load the transformation.

I did a workaround: converted the integer value to a string and filter against the string value, which is working fine.

Regards Stefan

I'll work a bit on it tomorrow. It should not be too hard to find out what goes wrong exactly.
    Matt