Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Usage of transform constants in Modified Javascript Value

Default Usage of transform constants in Modified Javascript Value

I can see there are 3 transform contants available in Modified Java Script Values:

- SKIP_TRANSFORMATION
    - ERROR_TRANSFORMATION
    - CONTINUE_TRANSFORMATION

User manual only says they exists, what about their usage?
    Can I use them to stop a transformation so that the following steps will not be executed?

Look at the example in the samples directory as "JavaScriptMod - skip rows after x rows.ktr"

Coninue is the normal state, skip ckips a rows, error generates an error. You can't stop step execution afterwards as all steps are executed in parallel (with skip you can remove rows from the output).

Regards,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by sboden View Post
    Look at the example in the samples directory as "JavaScriptMod - skip rows after x rows.ktr"
    This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. I'm sorry I didn't look at it before.

Coninue is the normal state, skip ckips a rows, error generates an error. You can't stop step execution afterwards as all steps are executed in parallel (with skip you can remove rows from the output).
    Removing rows from the output is what I was meaning for "stop a transformation so that the following steps will not be executed".

Just for curiosity: is there a list of such special variables like trans_Status o functions like createRowCopy() or getOutputRowMeta() and their menaing/usage?

Alessandro.