Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Bugs in kettle

Default Bugs in kettle

I'm not sure where to enter bugs, so I'll just put them here.

:- Spoon crashing on a regular basis in xp sp2 (v3.0.0, build 500). Mostly seems related to previews, eg, viewing results from queries, results of a transformation (particularly wide/tall datasets), viewing tables in the table browser, etc.
    :- Spoon crashes (may not be 100% reproducible) if you do the following:
    1) Highlight an item to preview in a transformation, and preview
    2) Step through to the point the preview is visible.
    3) In spoon, close the results tab (preview window stays open)
    4) Attempt to close the preview window -- spoon crashes.
    :- In a database create a table similar to: at least 2 fields (call them initialvalue & currentvalue, respectively), which may contain comma delimited information, then follow these steps:
    1) Add an input step to select rows from the table
    2) Add a 'split fields' transformation step for each of the two fields mentioned above, each with 5 fields (iv1, ... iv5; cv1, ..., cv5). Create each step linearly S.T. one step is completely finished before the other is added to the transformation.
    3) Link the initial input step to one split then the other linearly.
    4) Preview the step. If the preview is successful, switch the order of the split fields steps, then preview again. One or the other should cause an exception to be thrown during the transform execution.

On the last bug, I figured it was the 2nd transformation, but it works fine by itself, as does the other. It's when they are connected, in one particular order, but not the other.

-Brian
    Last edited by Phantal; 12-05-2007 at 07:37 PM.

Brian,

You have to be kidding me, right?
    The link is on your Welcome page, next to "Pass along defects and enhancement requests to the developers"

However, before you do, try a nightly build. We're doing a 3.0.1. on Monday so it's quite OK:

ftp://download.pentaho.org/client/pe...egration/3.0.1

All the best,

Matt

Well no, I'm not joking, I really couldn't find it. You'll have to excuse me. End of semester exams, finals week, a big project at work, and a new baby all in a short period of time -- makes for easy mistakes. I found a link to it by visiting the Community Home, and near the bottom of the page there's a blurb about how people can contribute. I'm not sure where the welcome page is you described, but I found a way to do it and that's all that matters.

Thanks again, and I'll try one of the nightly builds to see if any of these problems have been eliminated already.

-Brian

When you start up Spoon, you get a Welcome page. (on most platforms anyway)
    So it's the first thing you see when you fire up Spoon for the first time.

All the best,

Matt