Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Errors in: manual pentaho deployement. complete checklist given,

Post Errors in: manual pentaho deployement. complete checklist given,

I am doing manual deployement and facing some HTTP problems when going to Go->Solutions and Go->Portal.

I attach pentaho deployement checklist with errors i am facing and server.log file also.

Just need to solve those problems, so kindly tell me anything i should do to solve those deployement errors.

regards,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    saqib

Regarding the "points of error" in deployement.txt:

1. I suggest downloading the MySQL PCI. Make sure it runs out of the box hitting the database that you have setup now.
    2. The Go > Portal link assumes that you're running in a JBoss AS + JBoss Portal combination. My guess is that you have not installed JBoss Portal.

Post question regarding mysql PCI

sir, can u please guide me what that mysql PCI is, is it a file or the complete solution, or is it a naming convention used for some packages of pentaho on sourceforge. can u tell me the url plz.

actually what i have found from my search till now that PCI is only available for pre-configured installation with jboss included. i have to setup the pentaho manually in my client's datacenter already having jboss, so what should i do now,

having some confusion about that, kindly explain.

regards,
    Last edited by mrsaqib; 12-06-2007 at 10:27 AM.
    saqib

The PCI is the Pentaho Pre-Configured Install. It's a JBoss AS + JBoss Portal + Pentaho bundle which can be downloaded, unzipped, and run with no extra steps. I hope that by downloading the MySQL version of the PCI, you'll be successful. If you're successful and you want to use the PCI as your deployment, great. If not, then you'll have a working Pentaho setup with which to compare to your current installation. I hope that an obvious error in configuration will be exposed.

The PCI can be found at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pentaho/. It is called pentaho_demo_mysql5-1.6.0.GA.863.tar.gz (or zip).

Default further guide is required sir,

ok sir, at that moment i am surrounded with several questions that ok the PCI setup is easy and i am going to do it rightr now, but my real purpose is to deploy an ear i.e, pentaho.ear. how can i achieve this.

ok then u say that "then you'll have a working Pentaho setup with which to compare to your current installation. I hope that an obvious error in configuration will be exposed."

i wanna ask that which files need comparison, are they solution files or pentaho files in jboss directory. or if i only have to replace my current pentaho-solutions directory with the PCI pentaho-solutions.

am i going right or wrong,

do tell me.
    regards.
    saqib

You asked:

which files need comparison, are they solution files or pentaho files in jboss directory
    I don't know the answer to that question. It might be one or the other or both.

As you suggested, one of the things you might try is copying the pentaho-solutions from the PCI distribution.

And I understand that your ultimate goal is to deploy an EAR in an existing JBoss. This is just a test to see how successful a PCI is in your environment.

Default MySql PCI runs successfully,

Well sir, a big wonder for me that the PCI works, now it means that i should see my jBoss?

or the famous pentaho_j2ee_deployement folder, now again there is a question mark..

Am i not building my pentaho.ear file successfully using ant,

kindly tell me what ur opinion about that.

May i send u the mySql PCI server.log or kindly if you wanna need to deploy an individual ear file, how would u configure jboss4.2.. can u forward me to any document or guide me towards any url that helps me to configure jboss envirement for pentaho.ear.

looking forward for ur response,

regards,
    Last edited by mrsaqib; 12-06-2007 at 11:54 AM.
    saqib

Post jboss4.2.2 or 4.2.1

one of the thing i notice now, that i am trying to run the pentaho stuff with jboss4.2.2.GA
    on manual deployement, there is jboss4.2.1 mentioned,
    now i am going to download and try jboss4.2.1. any opinion about that,
    well if that is an error then i learn a much bigger lesson from that.

regards,
    Last edited by mrsaqib; 12-06-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    saqib

Post Error remains .....

well once i thought that i am going wrong by implementing the jboss4.2.2 instead of jboss4.2.1, so today i deploy the pentaho with jboss4.2.1 but the error remains exactly the same, now i am once again on an error detection mission now

kindly sir you or anyone can tell me some steps, or share ur idea with me how to see things about pentaho in this type of situation, i want ur words on it, i need ur suggestions about that particular error,

now the whole situation i summarize as follows,

1. the requirement is to deploy "pentaho.ear" with jboss as application server.

2. i have tested mysql PCI on my system and it is running quite good without any error.

3. again the requirement is to deploy an "ear" not any demo or PCI.

well i was very exited about that may be i got the reason of error but thats not happens. now i am again on a pentaho.ear rescue mission and i need your suggestions / support.
    Last edited by mrsaqib; 12-07-2007 at 11:15 AM.
    saqib