Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Open existing Cube

Default Open existing Cube

hi,

I have created a cube in the CubeDesigner. Is it possible to later edit the same cube? e.g. i have added a column to my star schema, and will add that column to the cube.

thanks in advance,

Adriaan

In my experience, the Cube Designer cannot be used to "edit" existing cubes.

To edit, it is recommended to use the Design Studio and perform your changes against the cube's mondrial xml file... or if you prefer, you can also use any word processor to edit this file as well...

Hope this helps..

ok, thank u for ur answer.

How are u going to changed the cube in pentaho designer? I have installed the pentaho designer, but don't see an option for that.

thanks in advance,

Adriaan

It can be edited in the workbench (downloadable at the same sourceforge url as mondrian or cube designer)
    Sebastien Michea
    manaty.net

Adriaan,

Using Design Studio, you have to call up the .mondiran.xml file that corresponds to your cube and modify "by hand" the xml. However, as suggested/clarified by Sebastian... its a lot easier wo use the Workbench.

Regards, DMurray3

ok, thank you! i am now using WorkBench. But how can i deploy my cube to the pentaho bi-server like in CubeDesigner the publish button? (of course, you can give jboss a restart, but that is not what u want with a hot-deployable application server )

Thanks in advance!

Adriaan

Supposing you used the Cube Designer to build the first version of your Cube, and edited it with the Workbench, then all you have to do is to "Refresh" the Solution Repository (navigate to "Admin" in the portl and hit the "Refresh Solutions Repository button) and then navigate to "Solutions" and finally to your Cube.

Remember, only the Cube Designer creates the three needed files for a JPivot View to your Cube: .properties, .xaction, and .mondrian.xml); the Workbench creates / handles the .mondrian.xml file only.

Good luck...

ok, that's great, it work! thank you

Is there any documentation about this? Where can i read everything about this? even what are the possibilities in a cube?

greetz,

Adriaan