Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Logging!!!

Default Logging!!!

Hi all!
    My apllication work on the JBoss and i am get log
    2007-12-11 19:40:38,972 INFO [Kettle Environment] Kettle Environment - Unable to read file '/home/apv/.kettle/kettle.properties' : java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/apv/.kettle/kettle.properties (No such file or directory)
    2007-12-11 19:40:38,981 INFO [Kettle Environment] Kettle Environment - java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/apv/.kettle/kettle.properties (No such file or directory)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    e.t.c.
    this is no errors... but log is big. Why?

Because Java is verbose in logging... make the kettle.properties file and it should be ok... the new version should make it automatically.

Regards,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by sboden View Post
    Because Java is verbose in logging... make the kettle.properties file and it should be ok... the new version should make it automatically.

Regards,
    Sven
    I am use PDI 3, but not make automaticaly :-( Can i am do not used kettle.properties file, my application GUI - is portlets.....

Set the environment file to a kettle.properties file that exist and you're good to go.

Regards,
    Sven

Set the environment file to a kettle.properties file that exist and you're good to go.

Regards,
    Sven
    Where and how? I do not understand ??? In JBoss? I am use only lib kettle-engine.jar and other.
    Maybe i am shud put this file in pakage my application?

Not familiar with JBoss but it's it possible to setup environment variables that applications can use? Else look at the code of pan e.g.

Regards,
    Sven

Not familiar with JBoss but it's it possible to setup environment variables that applications can use? Else look at the code of pan e.g.

Regards,
    Sven
    I am create folder .kettle in home user, and the problem - solved!
    This is no good!!!

Well... raise a JIRA.

But it probably depends on your integration. If you run spoon on a system it will automatically create the .kettle directory for you.

Regards,
    Sven