Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Attach file to email not working

Default Attach file to email not working

Dear All,

I need to attach an excel file to the email in the spoon job. But I didn't find any options to do so. There is attach file to message with options of 'General', 'Log', 'Error line', 'Error' and 'Warning'. But looks like they all log files generated by the kettle process. Does anyone know how to attach excel file to the email?

Thanks in advance!

czhu

You need to make an extra transformation with a get filenames step (selecting your file) and a put files to result step and use that in a job first calling that new transformation, and then your mail job entry.

Regards,
    Sven

It's working now!!! Thank you so much!!!

Question Email attachment is not attaching the excel file

Hi Sven/nwuser,

I am in the same situation as nwuser that my email is not including the attachment. It simply sends out an email.

I have a job with start step, transformation1 (with table input and excel output), transformation2 (with Get files from result and Set files in result), then the email component.

When I run the job manually it attaches the excel file to the email. I have this job scheduled thru the Windows Scheduled tasks. When it runs at the specified time, it doesn't include the attachment.

Could you please help? Please let me know if you need me to attach the job & transformations.

Thanks and appreciate any help.
    Mani

In the job step you probably clear the files.... but you can always attach them (after removing passwords, ...).

Regards,
    Sven

Hi Sven,

I checked the transformation properties and none of the flags are checked for clear the result files or clear the result rows.

You have mentioned, "but you can always attach them (after removing passwords, ...)". Could you please explain how I can attach them?

Thanks for your help.
    Mani

Default Files

Hi Sven,

Please find the attached files for your reference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mani
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was able to get this working but am not able to select a specific file to send by mail. i.e. Transformation 1 generates 5 different files, but I do need to send 1 file to 1 person and another file to another person etc - not all five files to the same person......
    Last edited by roco; 01-09-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maniramasamy View Post
    Hi Sven,

Please find the attached files for your reference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mani
    Thanks....your expample was a great help!! +100!!!

Hi all,
    First of all, glad to join this forum, it kind of usefull source for me to learn the pentaho.
    Now please allow me to share my problems..

I believe i have the same issue like this thread subject, but slightly different.
    I try to look, but still can't find a proper solution.

In my spoon transformation, i use PRD output files that successfully create a dynamic subject stream html files based on date whenever i run the transformation in a job, for example it has 30 kbyte size. then after that in the same transformation, i use email step to attach that html files. Right before the PRD Output step, i also add some modified JS and merge join to get various email address destination as variables to send to.
    But then the problems comes up... not all the receipent email address get that files, some people get 0 bytes, so it can't displayed in their email.
    I try to run the transformation 4 times in a row, the 0 bytes received occurs, but the receipent were different each times. seems like it has no consistency...
    Can some body help me out what i did wrong? thx very much in advance...

Thank you Sven! I'm a novice user, your sample helped me a lot!
    Svetlana

Hello,
    Thank you so mutch for your files