Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Error saving DB connections

Default Error saving DB connections

Hello,
    I'm trying to change database connections in our production repository from JNDI to JDBC, but I'm unable to save the changes I make.

After changing the connection parameters the connection Tests successfully, but when I clicked OK to save it I got this error:

Couldn't execute SQL: LOCK TABLES R_REPOSITORY_LOG WRITE, R_VERSION WRITE, R_DATABASE_TYPE WRITE, R_DATABASE_CONTYPE WRITE, R_DATABASE WRITE, R_DATABASE_ATTRIBUTE WRITE, R_NOTE WRITE, R_TRANSFORMATION WRITE, R_DIRECTORY WRITE, R_TRANS_ATTRIBUTE WRITE, R_DEPENDENCY WRITE, R_TRANS_STEP_CONDITION WRITE, R_CONDITION WRITE, R_VALUE WRITE, R_TRANS_HOP WRITE, R_STEP_TYPE WRITE, R_STEP WRITE, R_STEP_ATTRIBUTE WRITE, R_TRANS_NOTE WRITE, R_JOB WRITE, R_LOGLEVEL WRITE, R_LOG WRITE, R_JOBENTRY WRITE, R_JOBENTRY_COPY WRITE, R_JOBENTRY_TYPE WRITE, R_JOBENTRY_ATTRIBUTE WRITE, R_JOB_HOP WRITE, R_JOB_NOTE WRITE, R_PROFILE WRITE, R_USER WRITE, R_PERMISSION WRITE, R_PROFILE_PERMISSION WRITE, R_STEP_DATABASE WRITE, R_PARTITION_SCHEMA WRITE, R_PARTITION WRITE, R_TRANS_PARTITION_SCHEMA WRITE, R_CLUSTER WRITE, R_SLAVE WRITE, R_CLUSTER_SLAVE WRITE, R_TRANS_CLUSTER WRITE, R_TRANS_SLAVE WRITE

Access denied for user 'etl_user'@'%' to database 'spoon_repository_prod01'

The user does have select, insert and update privileges on the database. Additionally, I can modify the repository tables via a query browser.

I appreciate your help.
    Thanks,
    Josie

Make a new repository on another schema or another database and import/export everything... if it works then start comparing the 2 schema's

Regards,
    Sven

This post is very old I know - but was it solved? I'm having the same issue and think I need to be granted the LOCK TABLES privilege on the DB. Read/write/update maybe isn't enough I guess...