Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: trouble with Lines/LINES

Angry trouble with Lines/LINES

hi,

i'm using PDI 3.0.1 (wins) and MySQL 5.0.x (linux).

i got a table "Lines". When I create DB I/O objects like Table Input or Tables Output or Insert/Update the table name "Lines" will be converted into "LINES" -> as a result during execution my table "Lines" will be not found. Field "Target table" still contains the original name "Lines".

This bug/feature :-) i found while trying to get data from my table with Table Input object : table name was automatically converted into uppercase. after that none of further objects wanted to work with Lines as a table name.

In the connection dialog you probably set under the advanced tab "Force all identifiers to uppercase" ... don't do that

The casing is normally not changed.

Regards,
    Sven

Quote Originally Posted by sboden View Post
    In the connection dialog you probably set under the advanced tab "Force all identifiers to uppercase" ... don't do that

The casing is normally not changed.

Regards,
    Sven
    no! i didn't touch advanced tab - all three check boxes are not checked. and this happens only to Lines table - other 81 tables work fine :-)

Quote Originally Posted by afabsy View Post
    no! i didn't touch advanced tab - all three check boxes are not checked. and this happens only to Lines table - other 81 tables work fine :-)
    Then you need to do some more checking yourself... I haven't seen such behaviour yet... and PDI doesn't change its behaviour based on tables names or so. What's special in that one table?

Regards,
    Sven