Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Global Configuration for Database Connection

Default Global Configuration for Database Connection

Hi All,

I was using a database connection in my transformations and now I have changed the database to different PC. Now I need to configure the DB connection all the Transformations. Is there are any way to make this Database connection configuration global? Please help.

Regards,
    Darius

If you would have used shared connections it would have been a change in a single place.

If you would have used variables for IP, userid, password, port it would also have been a minor change.

Depending on whether you're using UNIX or Windows... a little script or a good text editor to manipulate the files?

Regards,
    Sven

Hi Sven,

I am using Windows machine and I have used variables for IP, user id and password.
    And I also have named the connection setting. If I edit the connection setting to the new database setting, will it reflect in the all the places where I am using that Database connection name? Please let me know.

Also please let me know how to use shared connection.

Thanks,
    Darius

For the first ... it depends... on how you setup the connection information. If you keep everything the same and the change the value of the variables you used it will change everywhere of course.

For the sharing... on the left hand side in the connection tree right click and "share"... you can't "unshare".

Regards,
    Sven

Thanks Sven,

I had all as same and i edited in the Connection tree DB congif which I am using and it got changed every where.

Thanks Again.
    Darius