Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Hide element doesn't work

Default Hide element doesn't work

Hi,

once again a problem with hiding a report element.

I use a style expression to hide a band in case a comment is not given.

That worked until 0.8.9ga, but doesn't with 0.8.9.1 and 0.8.9.2.

Code:
            <band layout="canvas" padding-top="1" padding-bottom="3">
               <style-expression style-key="visible" formula="report: NOT(ISBLANK([KN_KOMMENTAR]))"/>
               <label styleClass="data-element-bold" x="1" y="0" width="14%" height="11" alignment="left" 
                            >Kommentar:</label>
               <string-field x="15%" y="0" width="85%" height="11" dynamic="true" 
                            fieldname="KN_KOMMENTAR" />
           </band>
    If the formula results to true in the beginning, the comment-band shows. Once the band is hidden, it won't show up again.

I tried several different conditions - same problem. Other style-keys work, e.g. changing the background-color with that formula.

Wrong xml-definition or bug?

Thanks for any help.

Miriam

Hmmm ... cant verify this bug with the demos we have. Can you post the complete definition of that report (or at least of the whole itemband)?
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Default Simple example report

Hi,

I cleaned up my report and deleted all unneccessary information (headers, footers,...). Still doesn't work as expected.

As you said there is no problem with the existing demos I checked all jars to be the latest. I had to update liblayout, but that didn't fix the problem.

So this is my example report definition (you helped me with that earlier, maybe you remember )

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <!DOCTYPE report PUBLIC "-//JFreeReport//DTD report definition//EN//simple/version 0.8.5"
                            "http://jfreereport.sourceforge.net/report-085.dtd">
    <report name="abc">

<!-- GROUP -->
        <groups>
            <group name="Daten">
                <fields>
                    <field>dummy-field</field>
                </fields>
            </group>
        </groups>

<!-- ITEM BAND -->
        <items styleClass="data-element-plain" layout="block">
            <style-expression style-key="background-color" formula="report: IF(ISBLANK([KN_KOMMENTAR]); &quot;white&quot;; &quot;#DDDDDD&quot;)"/>
            <band layout="canvas" padding-top="3">
                <band layout="canvas" width="14%" border-style="solid" border-width="0.5" padding-bottom="3">
                    <string-field x="1" y="1" width="100%" height="11" fieldname="KN_NR"/>
                    <string-field x="1" y="13" width="100%" height="11" fieldname="CODE"/>
                </band>
                <string-field x="15%" y="1" width="30%" height="11" dynamic="true" 
                        fieldname="KN_NAME"/>
            </band>
            <band layout="canvas" padding-top="1" padding-bottom="3">
               <style-expression style-key="visible" formula="report: NOT(ISBLANK([KN_KOMMENTAR]))"/>
               <label styleClass="data-element-bold" x="1" y="0" width="14%" height="11" alignment="left" 
                            >Kommentar:</label>
               <string-field x="15%" y="0" width="85%" height="11" dynamic="true" 
                            fieldname="KN_KOMMENTAR" />
           </band>
        </items>

</report>
    Example data:

1. row with comment -> comment shows, highlighted
    2. row with comment -> comment shows, highlighted
    3. row w/o comment -> no comment line
    4. row with comment -> no comment line, but highlighted

Thanks, Miriam

Verified, Bug.

http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PRE-227

Btw.: LibLayout is not needed in the CLassic-Engine, so there is no need to have it on the classpath.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

And fixed. Hmm stupid me added a optimization that skiped the evaluation of bands that are invisible. Sadly this ignores the fact that bands can be hidden or shown by the style-expression I now skipped.

The fix is commited to the SVN and will be part of the next bug-fix release.

Thank you for the quick answer.
    We'll go back to ga then till the bug fix release is out.

Miriam