Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: mdb file!

Default mdb file!

Hi,
    I am trying to import a mdb file (es foodmart) in design report.
    is that possible?
    I'am using:
    Driver: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    Connection String: jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/test

in test folder I pasted foodmart.mdb
    When I click on test button the response is connection successful, but it not load nothing table. Where is my mistake?
    Thanks

A MDB file is a MS-Access file. MySQL might be a smart database, but it definitely cannot handle MS-Access files.

You have to import the access file manually - or you could use the "foodmart.sql" file contained in the Mondrian download. This one should be importable in MySQL using the command line tools.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

thanks, I fixed my previous problem, but I have just now a new! I would load in PentahoDesigner a HBF file, that is a QueryObject DataSource (http://www.queryobject.com/). The compressed database images and aggregated data can be executed through an ODBC driver that, through standard SQL syntax. So I loaded datasource, and in PentahoDesign I can see the tables, but when I launch a preview my output is a white screen (empty). In shell I receive this string: Can't find the translation for key = querybuilder.objetctype.SYSTEM TABLE: using default (SYSTEM TABLE). I just saw here http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PRD-2...mmary-tabpanel
    but nothing.

Thanks