Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Cannot create FoodMart tables in postGre

Default Cannot create FoodMart tables in postGre

I tried following the steps to load food mart example in postgre on windows. I have verified that all the relevant files are present in the lib directory, but I still get the following error:

java -cp "C:\Pentaho\Mondrian\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\lib\mondrian.jar;C:\Pentaho\Mondrian\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\lib\log4j-1.2.9.jar; C:\Pentaho\Mondrian\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\lib\eigenbase-xom.jar; C:\Pentaho\Mondrian\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\lib\eigenbase-resgen.jar; C:\Pentaho\Mondrian\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\lib\eigenbase-properties.jar; C:\Pentaho\Mondrian\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\mondrian-2.4.2.9831\lib\postgresql-8.2-507.jdbc3" mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader -verbose -tables -data -indexes -jdbcDrivers="org.postgresql.Driver,sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" -inputJdbcURL="jdbcdbc:MondrianFoodMart" -outputJdbcURL="jdbcostgresql://localhost/foodmart" -outputJdbcUser=xxxx -outputJdbcPassword=xxxx"

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eigenbase/xom/XOM
    Util
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
    4)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
    at mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader.<clinit>(MondrianFoodMartLoader.java:90)

Again, I have verified I the jar files (like eigenbase-xom.jar, eigenbase-properties.jar, etc) are present in the lib directory.

This looks like the same problem as http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=47243 . I know you verified that eigenbase-xom.jar, eigenbase-properties.jar are in the lib directory, which was the cause of the earlier forum post, but please humor me and verify again! Also try removing all unnecessary spaces from the classpath string, in particular the spaces before and after semicolons.

Julian