Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Customize the login page

Default Customize the login page

Hi,

I would like to customize the login page, like removing the Pentaho branding from the rigth side of the login page, the titlle on the top [es 75] Welcome and the text and image at the end of the login page..

Thanks

Carolina

Default Login Page Customisation

There are 2 files which need to be modified.

webapp:
    jsp/Login.jsp

solution engine:
    system\custom\template-login.html

Login.jsp uses template-login.html to build header and footer sections of the page. This can be customised to change look and feel, modify menu options etc

Writing from memory, I recall there is a WIKI article to discuss this.I'm just catching of on forums posts, so I cant fetch the URL for you. But please do that and post the URL here for all of us as well.

Thanks
    Pradesh

.. and I have found it for you ...

http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/Pent...the+Login+Page

You're welcome.

Pradesh

Hi,

Thanks for the request about the customize the login page...

Now, I would like to custimize the PCI home page...

How can I customize the home, navigate and about links at the PCI home page.. the Related Links and What's New At Pentaho too. I would like to present my own information and graphics.

Thanks,

Carolina

Default Customize the PCI home page

Please go to www.spectrumknowledgesystems.com/Customize-the-Pentaho-PCI.html.

I just put the page up, so please let me know if it is helpful. Thanks!

Greg

Thanks for your information Greg, it help me a lot..

But if is possible, I want to know in a specific way how can I customize all the components of the PCI home page...

Thanks,

Carolina

Default Customize the PCI home page

HI Carolina,

I am glad it helped some. I'll be adding to the site more information. As you have experienced, it is not the easiest task. There are several files that need to be configured to customize the PCI. I covered how to customize the major home page banner components for Part I. I will be working on this site for the next month as I am writing a book on this topic.

What would you like me to cover next? Sounds like customizing the menu would be next in line. Please let me know and I will be happy to help you by providing more detail. As my pages are edited for accuracy and language, I will also post them on the documentation wiki.

Greg

Thanks for the help, I'm new with all about Pentaho..

I want to change the graphic of the top ten customers in the PCI home page, It is possible put my own information of my database?
    also I want to know wich files I have to modify to customize each component of the menu and submenu (like navigate, solutions, etc).

Thanks,

Carolina

Instead of starting a new post I'll take this one.

All my changes on the layout are made on solution_dir/system/custom/*, changing the template files.

But sometimes I just want to change the CSS info; And I feel stupid to edit template.html and add a <style> element. (and I'm totally against changing anything outside the solution dir)

Is there any better way to do that? I would go for a "system/custom/mine.css" file where we could overwrite/add styles.

Cheers
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel