Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Customize the login page

Default Pentaho style help

You need to modify the cascading style sheets, .css, file located in pentaho-dir/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho-styles.war/styles-new.css

Look at this page www.spectrumknowledgesystems.com/Customize-Pentaho-CSS.html.

In part I, I explain the css settings needed to configure the banner portion.

Please stay tuned as I continue the documentation. I'll publish it on my website and notify you here when there is new information. Because you need help now, I am not spend a lot of time editing. There should be a few rounds of editing before posting on the wiki.

Please let me know if something doesn't work or isn't clear.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gregwmarvin View Post
    You need to modify the cascading style sheets, .css, file located in pentaho-dir/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho-styles.war/styles-new.css
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I *don't* want to edit that page; if I do so, all my solution will share the same css, and I want a customization on a per-solution basis. (well, this is not entirely true because I use a "patching" system that works for a single solution, but I would like to have a more standard approach).

A per-solution custom css file would be awsome. If this doesn't exist, maybe I should just Jira it
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

Default css per solution

That is the challenge of customizing the pre-configured install, there isn't a tool that automates the updating of the various files needed to style and present web pages, let alone a tool that enables the customizing of styles per solution.

You have to do it the hard way, which it sounds like you are already doing. If you buy the subscription, I believe the latest version has a style tool, but I cant confirm if it enables you to manage styles per solution. I'll check on that.

Question Customizing Pentaho

I would like to customize some of the Pentaho pages...

For example I want to change the customers Pie at the home page....

Also I want to remove some of the folders that are in the Navigate->Solutions tab...

What can I do this???

Carolina

To remove solution directories, you just have to delete the directories.

After that, you must go to the admin tool on the PCI and refresh the repository, then the Navigate|Solutions items will change.

To add new entries, read the Creating Solutions docuiment in the downloads directory on Sourceforge.

Regards
    Pradesh

I'd love to see that page. Alas, the www.spectrumknowledgesystems.com/Customize-the-Pentaho-PCI.html domain has expiured. Is the page available elsewhere?

Regards.........Peter Briggs

The author of the page is Greg Marvin, who provided the link above. I'm sure if you PM him, he'd be happy to oblige (I know him and he's a great guy).

If you do get a copy, it may be a good idea to place than in the WIKI, with Greg's permission of course!

I'll probably have an (old) offline copy somewhere if all else fails.

I'd be very much interested in this information too !