Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Customizing menubar in 0.8.9

Default Customizing menubar in 0.8.9

Hello,

I've been trying to change previously implemented JFreeReport 0.8.8 to the new 0.8.9 on our software. One issue that came across is customizing the menubar, mainly adding an own menu.

In 0.8.8 PreviewProxyBase called getMenus() that was overriden in reportController and then added the menus straight into the menubar. In the new version PreviewPane seems to read the menus nicely as well, but they don't appear on the preview dialog.

Should these new menus be somehow configured in the properties files now, or is there something else I'm missing?

To me it seems that PreviewPane reads the menus from reportController and then creates new ActionCategory and adds this data to menus HashMap. However, later when menus is read, only non-user-added categories are used. This would indeed mean that user defined categories don't show up anywhere, correct?

Thanks,

- Mikko

Bug. Fixed.

JIRA case: PRE-247

This fix will be part of the next bugfix release 0.8.9.3, which will be published later this day (assuming that we do not detect a blocker bug during the final testing sweep).
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

That's some "decent" respond time Thomas, thank you!

Seems to work as supposed to now. That is after tweaking org.jfree.report.modules.gui.swing.user-defined-category.position lower from its default 15000 value, if someone is wondering.

- Mikko