Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Conection problem with Teradata

Default Conection problem with Teradata

Hello, I am trying to connect Cube Designer with Teradata. I downloaded de jdbc driver and installed it in lib\jdbc folder but when I try to connect I get an error. Any help will be greatly appreaciated. Thanks.

FmC

I managed to connect now, but I don't see any tables in step 2. I just see the clock like its loading, but nothing happens. The DB itself is quite big, maybe it has something tyo do with that. ¿Any Ideas?

Searching the web I found that there were some problems with java, so I checked my version and it is 1.5.0_08, I made a shortcut with the following target: "C:\pentaho\CubeDesigner\CubeDesigner.exe -vm C:\pentaho\java\bin\java.exe" and I still have the same problem, only with a message. The error message I get in teh console is the following:

Can't find the translation for key = querybuilder.objetctype.SYSTEM TABLE: using default (SYSTEM TABLE)
    Can't find the translation for key = querybuilder.objetctype.GLOBAL TEMPORARY: using default (GLOBAL TEMPORARY)
    [ QueryBuilder::setConnection ]
    com.ncr.teradata.jdbc_4.util.JDBCException: [NCR] [Teradata DBMS] : The user does not have SELECT access to DBC.Databases.

Please! I need ideas

Thanks!