Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: compound primary or foreign keys

Default compound primary or foreign keys

Hi,
    i am new to mondrian and want to integrate mondrian with our ERP software. Our DB tables contain compound primary keys and we have no way of changing this. Does mondrian support multiple keys for joining dimenson and fact tables, dimension to dimension tables (snowflake dimension).

thanks

Hello, i have the same problem. We use compound keys and there is no way to change our database structure , unfortunately. i need the solution as soon as possible.
    Thanks.

People have asked for this, but at present, mondrian does not support compound foreign keys.

Hi Julian,thank you for reply. Do you have any plan to implement this feature.
    forgive me if i am thinking too simply. if i use foreign and primary key property fields as primarykey = "pk1,pk2" and foreignkey = "fk1,fk2"
    and change the code for SQL joins (whatever it is) to parse and use compound keys in join, what is wrong here.
    thank you.

hi friends,

can anybody help about this problem? in order to complete project i need this feature.

thank you for your interest.

does Mondrian have any plan to support compound primary keys.
    or what can we do to solve this problem without chaging DB structure.

Default asdf

Have you guys thought about creating a data warehouse? Use kettle to move everything into new tables, generate a new primary key, a unique one for each compound key combination, and use the DW database?

The very idea of a data warehouse is to shift the burden of serving up data for reporting away from your business server database(s) to the data warehouse database(s).

Not only do you alleviate future problems with the data warehouse killing performance on the business server, it solves the problem you're running into.

-Brian