Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: xaction scheduling ERROR

Red face xaction scheduling ERROR

Hi,

I create a xaction with first a kettle transformation and a reports creation. I do not use the repository but file.ktr, file.xml.

This is working fine if i click on it in the platform. But if i create a scheduling it doesn't do anything.
    My scheduling is correct it tell me that my xaction will be execute every 5 min but it doesn't do anything.

I don't even see any logs in ./jboss/bin/pentaho.log

How can i get the logging of the xaction execute by the scheduler?
    Do you think the problem is in the configuration of my platform?

Thanks,
    Adrien

Do your other scheduled xactions work OK? I was using a version of Quartz that had a couple of not null fields that Pentaho wasn't expecting. I changed the fields to accept nulls and everything seems to be fine now.

Thanks a lot for your reply,
    i try to remove all NOT NULL from my quartz script but it didn't work.

I am using derby as database do you think the error can come from that?

This is the script that i use:

CREATE TABLE QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS(JOB_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,JOB_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(120),JOB_CLASS_NAME VARCHAR(128) ,IS_DURABLE VARCHAR(1) ,IS_VOLATILE VARCHAR(1) ,IS_STATEFUL VARCHAR(1) ,REQUESTS_RECOVERY VARCHAR(1) ,JOB_DATA BLOB,CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS PRIMARY KEY(JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_JOB_LISTENERS(JOB_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,JOB_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,JOB_LISTENER VARCHAR(80) ,CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_JOB_LISTENERS PRIMARY KEY(JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP,JOB_LISTENER),CONSTRAINT SYS_FK_1 FOREIGN KEY(JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP) REFERENCES QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS(JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,JOB_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,JOB_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,IS_VOLATILE VARCHAR(1) ,DESCRIPTION VARCHAR(120),NEXT_FIRE_TIME NUMERIC(13),PREV_FIRE_TIME NUMERIC(13),TRIGGER_STATE VARCHAR(16) ,TRIGGER_TYPE VARCHAR(8) ,START_TIME NUMERIC(13) ,END_TIME NUMERIC(13),CALENDAR_NAME VARCHAR(80),MISFIRE_INSTR NUMERIC(2),JOB_DATA BLOB,CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_TRIGGERS PRIMARY KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP),CONSTRAINT SYS_FK_4 FOREIGN KEY(JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP) REFERENCES QRTZ_JOB_DETAILS(JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_SIMPLE_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,REPEAT_COUNT NUMERIC(7) ,REPEAT_INTERVAL NUMERIC(12) ,TIMES_TRIGGERED NUMERIC(7) ,CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_SIMPLE_TRIGGERS PRIMARY KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP),CONSTRAINT SYS_FK_7 FOREIGN KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP) REFERENCES QRTZ_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_CRON_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,CRON_EXPRESSION VARCHAR(80) ,TIME_ZONE_ID VARCHAR(80),CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_CRON_TRIGGERS PRIMARY KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP),CONSTRAINT SYS_FK_10 FOREIGN KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP) REFERENCES QRTZ_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_BLOB_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,BLOB_DATA BLOB,CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_BLOB_TRIGGERS PRIMARY KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP),CONSTRAINT SYS_FK_13 FOREIGN KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP) REFERENCES QRTZ_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_TRIGGER_LISTENERS(TRIGGER_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_LISTENER VARCHAR(80) ,CONSTRAINT SYS_PK_QRTZ_TRIGGER_LISTENERS PRIMARY KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP,TRIGGER_LISTENER),CONSTRAINT SYS_FK_16 FOREIGN KEY(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP) REFERENCES QRTZ_TRIGGERS(TRIGGER_NAME,TRIGGER_GROUP));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_CALENDARS(CALENDAR_NAME VARCHAR(80) PRIMARY KEY,CALENDAR BLOB );
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_PAUSED_TRIGGER_GRPS(TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) PRIMARY KEY);
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_FIRED_TRIGGERS(ENTRY_ID VARCHAR(95) PRIMARY KEY,TRIGGER_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,TRIGGER_GROUP VARCHAR(80) ,IS_VOLATILE VARCHAR(1) ,INSTANCE_NAME VARCHAR(80) ,FIRED_TIME NUMERIC(13) ,STATE VARCHAR(16) ,JOB_NAME VARCHAR(80),JOB_GROUP VARCHAR(80),IS_STATEFUL VARCHAR(1),REQUESTS_RECOVERY VARCHAR(1));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_SCHEDULER_STATE(INSTANCE_NAME VARCHAR(80) PRIMARY KEY,LAST_CHECKIN_TIME NUMERIC(13) ,CHECKIN_INTERVAL NUMERIC(13) ,RECOVERER VARCHAR(80));
    CREATE TABLE QRTZ_LOCKS(LOCK_NAME VARCHAR(40) PRIMARY KEY);
    INSERT INTO QRTZ_LOCKS VALUES('CALENDAR_ACCESS');
    INSERT INTO QRTZ_LOCKS VALUES('JOB_ACCESS');
    INSERT INTO QRTZ_LOCKS VALUES('MISFIRE_ACCESS');
    INSERT INTO QRTZ_LOCKS VALUES('STATE_ACCESS');
    INSERT INTO QRTZ_LOCKS VALUES('TRIGGER_ACCESS');

Sorry I don't know much about Derby. I've had Quartz running on Hypersonic and MS SQL Server. If you have the samples running you might test the Bursting examples. If you can get the scheduled busrting example to run, you'll know the problem is with your xaction instead of with the scheduler.