Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Looking for 1.6.0.GA.863.zip

Default Looking for 1.6.0.GA.863.zip

Hi everyone,

Sorry for what may be a dumb post, but the wiki for Report Designer talks about Report Designer 1.6.0.GA.863.zip, but all I can find on SourceForge is 1.6.0.GA.348.

There appear to be important changes between 348 and 863. Can someone point me to the 863 release?

Thanks

Ray

Hi,

If you read that documentation closely I believe that it refers to pentaho_demo_hsqldb-1.6.0.GA.863.zip which is essentially the BI demo suite. It is needed as report designer needs to have a data source to communicate with in order to create a report.

I have the mysql BI suite version installed and used that instead.

So in short version 863 refers to the BI suite and version 348 is the latest version of Report Designer

Hope this helps!

Default re: Looking for 1.6.0.GA.863.zip

Ok Thanks.

There seemed to be features that were available in one but not the other. I will check the docs for the BI Suite.

Ray

I was looking all over for this just the other day, and couldn't find anything newer than build 348, as you say.

Today, I checked out the source from the Subversion repository and ran it from Eclipse. That worked. Now I have access to the functionality described in the latest documentation, and the app looks more like the screenshots in the docs too.

If you know your way around Eclipse, just check out the project at svn:http://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/pe...designer/trunk . If you're not an Eclipse user, I'd suggest you wait until someone mentions where to download the latest builds instead. There's "a bit" of a learning curve to Eclipse.

-Jonathan