Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Aggregate tables question

Default Aggregate tables question

hi. i want to know if there is any way to configure a colapsed aggregate table by ids, and no by descriptions, for example, if i have a fact table with "id_month", in the aggregate table i could have "id_quarter" and no "desc_quarter" and "desc_year" .....

Thanks for any answer...

Default Time Dimension

Hello Friends

I have a table with field "date" now i want display the data in my cube like qtr/month/year etc. as shown in steel wheel example exactly same please provide me some ways how ican do this

thanks
    SANJEEWAN

If I'm not mistaken, the SteelWheel Analysis example uses a "Time" dimension table, such as:

Table = DIM.TIME
    table fields:
    Time_id int(11) example: 1001
    Date_id datetime: 2008-01-01
    Year int(11): 2008
    Quarter_num int(11): 1
    Quarter_name (varchar 10): 1stQTR
    Month_num int(11): 1
    Month_name (varchar 15): January
    Day_of_month int(10): 1
    Day_of_year int(11): 1

One record for every date of data you have to anayze.

Then when creating the dimension in your .mondrian.xml file try something like:

<Dimension type="Time" name="Time" foreignKey="yourDATE_ID or TIME_ID">
    <Hierarchy name="Periods" hasAll="true" allMemberName="All Periods" primaryKey="DATE_ID or your TIME_ID">
    <Table name="dim_time"></Table>
    <Level name="Years" table="dim_time" column="YEAR" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeYears" type="Numeric"></Level>
    <Level name="Quarters" table="dim_time" column="Quarter_num" nameColumn="Quarter_name" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeQuarters"></Level>
    <Level name="Months" table="dim_time" column="Month_num" nameColumn="Month_name" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeMonths"></Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>

This is +/- what the time dimension in the steelwheel.mondrian.xml file shows....

Hope this helps... Regards, DMurray3

dduenas...

The answer is YES... your agg table can have the year number and/or quarter number and /or month number... and so on...

What you have to be careful is in the "column" naming used in the agg table, making sure to identify the agg level it corresponds to....

See the section on Agg tables in the Mondrian 2.2 Technical Guide for more details...

Hope this helps, DMurray3