Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Data Type Mismatch with Dimension Lookup

Default Data Type Mismatch with Dimension Lookup

Hi

In the database my surrogate key is simply registered as NUMBER (a la Oracle).

When I make a normal TABLE INPUT on this, the data type comes back as BIGNUMBER withint PDI.

Ive defined a lookup on this table, but the surrogate key that gets put in the 'output columns' for the lookup is forced ti data type INTEGER(9). (There is no place I can change this, as far as I can see)

And at run time subsequent steps give an error:
    DW_GSM_SERVICE_KEY Integer(9) : There was a data type error: the data type of java.lang.Double object [1239388.0] does not correspond to value meta [Integer(9)]
    at org.pentaho.di.core.row.ValueMeta.getBinaryString(ValueMeta.java:1773)

Obviously the value coming out of the database is in fact a bignumber, and the stepm downstream has no way to interpret this correctly, since it is being led to beleive (by the lookup) that the value is of type integer.

Should I log a bug?

--Cor

Which version of Kettle are you using, I remember similar bugs being fixed in 3.0 ... so if you're not using 3.0.2 first try the latest version.

Regards,
    Sven

Hi

Yep, Im on 3.0, but not .02. Busy downloading now. Im unfortunately in a remote area right now, and the connectivity here is sporadic. I tried downloading 3.0.2 last week but could never get a complete download, and gave up after a day.

I will see if the new version solves my problem

Regards
    --Cor

Default 3.0.2 same problem

Hi

Same error on v 3.0.2:
    e output.0 - ERROR (version 3.0.2, build 538 from 2008/02/06 13:13:19) : DW_GSM_SERVICE_KEY Integer(9) : There was a data type error: the data type of java.lang.Double object [1239388.0] does not correspond to value meta [Integer(9)]

Please bear in mind that this is an EXISTING data warehouse, so I cannot change the data type on the database. I have to find a way for the lookup to work with other number data types, not just integer.

--Cor