Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Text File Input And Error Handling

Post Text File Input And Error Handling

I will be happy if someone can explain me how does the "skip error lines" works, because all time that i enable that option it stop with an error like it lose the pointer. maybe for it option works properly i have to preselect another option or do something, or maybe i cant select some other option because it generate the error.

Which version of PDI are you using. And do you have a small test case? It may be that this is a bug.

Regards,
    Sven

Smile

First thing if PDI is Pentaho Data Integration i have version 3.0, i say because some times i am a bite stupid. in one shield that have to be a integer appears a string and it try to change but cant (its a real case of a company that has this problem some times, dont ask me how it is wrong when they enter data into the DB) so if i dont checked that option it put my the shield like null and report me the error normal, but if i check the option it looks like the pointer lose or something similar. i will give you the error in the file.

Thanks for answer me or try to it. not to many people do it. thanks a lot
    Attached Files Attached Files

But do you have a small input file, and corresponding transformation for us to "play" with... which shows your error.

Regards,
    Sven

i am working with a file of a enterprise, do you say me that there is a file of example for work with or i understand bad it? sorry about my english, if there is a file of example can you tell me where i can take it, because i dont see it anywhere.

Thanks you.

Do you have a small example that fails for you, and that we can try to run ourselves.

Regards,
    Sven

you ask me about the example of the file, there is te file and the error is in the row 10 that put "INSTAL" instead a Integer. the thing that i want to do is that this row dont continue with the rest of rows and it go to another file where errors will be.

Thanks for the helpping

regards,
    Saúl

i forgot to put the file, sorry

i post it because maybe someone is in the same position than me, i cant use error handing properly with "skip error lines" because it give me an error. but i think it will be better to do with the "skip error lines". can someone show me how he/she do that? with a copy paste to see which options has he/she checked.

It works well.
    Are your .line, .err and .warning directories correct?
    Try first in a simple one like My Documents.