Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Generating Reports Dynamically by PHP

Default Generating Reports Dynamically by PHP

Hi

I am new to Pentaho reports. I want to know can we generate Pentaho Reports dynamically through PHP. If yes then how can we do this?

thanks
    Deepak

Default Odd

Im guessing you have a PHP / MySQL setup?

If thats the case then you can use Pentaho to ectract data from your MySQL database and generate reports from that. As for running pentaho via PHP... Don't know about that. Sounds like a harder task you would be giving yourself.

Of course if you do want a PHP based reporting engine then maybe you can use google?

http://phpreports.sourceforge.net/

Thats just the first link that came up. You may want to search for some more. It may also be worth reading what Pentaho actually does / is before posting.

Hope that helps

Harris
    www.ivy-is.co.uk - Ivy Information Systems

Come join the non official Pentaho IRC chat room on irc.freenode.net in the ##pentaho channel

Default One other thing

I forgot to mention that if you are looking to use PHP to output data to a format like .PDF then you can download and use a php library called FPDF. Ive used this before for PHP and it works quite well. Its not a reporting engine but it will allow you to use PHP to generate .PDF documents.

Harris
    www.ivy-is.co.uk - Ivy Information Systems

Come join the non official Pentaho IRC chat room on irc.freenode.net in the ##pentaho channel

You probably can using web services. then you would need two servers, the Pentaho and PHP ones.

I've not done it, but it's definitely on my radar.

Smile

I have an application which is running in Php and just have to cal this reports (X actions ) in that. I have a CSS designed . what are the potential problems which are faced when you have PHP integration . Adding further I wanted to display multiple reports (X actions) in one PDf . how do we achive that in Php
    Aashee
    (Master)

I am doing an ajax call to a php script to fetch data and display on dashboard, but when i do it it gives me 404 errror, what should i do, what am doing wrong?

Am trying to call a php script from pentaho using custom jQuery ajax call, and its not working, giving me error of 404. How can i do this
    I am stucked into this please help me.