Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Can I customize AdHoc pages?

Default Can I customize AdHoc pages?

Can I customize the look and feel of AdHoc to match my Application? If positive, how can I do that?

EDIT: Posted to the wrong thread. My response was out of topic and hence deleted ! Sorry,
    Last edited by crafter; 03-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.

Default Yes, you can customize Adhoc pages

Yes, you can customize the look of the Adhoc pages using the CSS styles defined in Adhoc Reporting's CSS definition.

If you look at waqr.html, you will see that it includes 4 css files. These files are located at: /pentaho/server/pentaho/webapp/adhoc/styles

The majority of your modification will likely take places in adhoc.css and the poorly named styles-new.css. calendar-win2k-1.css contains styles for the popup calendar. common.css contains styles for the tab control and the ACL editor (the ACL editor is not used in Adhoc Reporting).

I would suggest starting with styles-new.css. Use the Firebug addin for Firefox to examine specific html elements you are interested in "styling", identify the class name for the html element, and modify the css properties of the class in the style sheet.

Default and the css for the reports themselves?

Where should we go to modify the look and feel of the final reports created by the adhoc reporting tool? I does not look like it would be either adhoc.css or styles-new.css It looks like the css is getting generated on the fly and placed in the /system/tmp directory. Any guidance would be appreciated. - Vernon

Default Styling Report Output

You cannot directly modify the style sheets that are generated for the report output. However you can change the look of the report output by selecting a different template on page 1 of the Adhoc Reporting wizard, or creating your own template and selecting that template.

For information on selecting and creating your own templates for Adhoc Reporting see: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Pent...ting+Templates

In addition, some aspects of the report's appearance can be controlled via the metadata. You can use the Pentaho Metadata Editor to modifiy the metadata for particular columns. For information on what metadata concepts Adhoc Reporting supports, see: http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Pent...dhoc+Reporting

Thanks for your help. Yes, I've read through the information on creating your own templates for Adhoc, and it was helpful. That has covered most of our needs, although we are still missing one thing. We need to change the background color of the entire report. Any ideas on this would be appreciated.