Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Mondrian Examples: Connect String

Default Mondrian Examples: Connect String

I've tried to sort this out by reading what I can find, but I'm stumped. When I go to the Mondrian examples page and click on Basic interface for ad hoc queries, I get the list of queries and I can show all the queries, no problem. But when I go to process the MDX query I get this error message:

mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Internal error: Connect string '@mondrian.webapp.connectString@=; Catalog='null'' must contain either 'Jdbc' or 'DataSource'
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(MondrianResource.java:787)
    at mondrian.olap.Util.newInternal(Util.java:1306)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.createDataSource(RolapConnection.java:292)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.<init>(RolapConnection.java:132)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapConnection.<init>(RolapConnection.java:83)
    at mondrian.olap.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:110)
    at mondrian.olap.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:74)
    at mondrian.olap.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:55)
    at mondrian.web.servlet.MDXQueryServlet.processRequest(MDXQueryServlet.java:84)
    at mondrian.web.servlet.MDXQueryServlet.doGet(MDXQueryServlet.java:228)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    I've set the mondrian.webapp.connectString like this in mondrian.properties:

mondrian.webapp.connectString=Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&assword=foodmart;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;

I've got the mySQL Connector/J jar in the endorsed path for Tomcat and in WEB-INF/lib just to make sure. In web.xml, it looks like it references the property:

<context-param>
    <param-name>connectString</param-name>
    <param-value>@mondrian.webapp.connectString@</param-value>
    </context-param>

Any ideas?

Sorry, the MDX Query Servlet connect string seems to reference to property too...

<servlet>
    <servlet-name>MDXQueryServlet</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>mondrian.web.servlet.MDXQueryServlet</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
    <param-value>@mondrian.webapp.connectString@</param-value>
    </init-param>
    </servlet>

Tried setting the connectString in web.xml in both places to this:

<init-param>
    <param-value>Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&password=foodmart;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;<param-value>
    </init-param>

Still no luck.

Try escaping the '&' in the string to '&amp;' (because web.xml is XML).

Or specify the username & password using mondrian's JdbcUser and JdbcPassword parameters:

<param-value>Provider=mondrian;Jdbc=jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart;JdbcUser=foodmart;JdbcPassword=foodmart;Catalog=/WEB-INF/queries/FoodMart.xml;JdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver;<pa ram-value>

See http://mondrian.pentaho.org/document...stallation.php for more examples.

Julian

Quote Originally Posted by jhyde View Post
    Or specify the username & password using mondrian's JdbcUser and JdbcPassword parameters:
    This worked, Julian...thanks!

Actually, it did work for the ad hoc queries, but the JPivot part seems to have another problem:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: mondrian.olap.DriverManager.getConnection(Lmondrian/olap/Util$PropertyList;Lmondrian/spi/CatalogLocator;Ljavax/sql/DataSource;Z)Lmondrian/olap/Connection;

I'll continue plugging away but if anybody recognizes this error, I would appreciate some guidance.

It looks like all of the queries in XML for Analysis tester work. I get data sources, cubes, the HR query works. But the JPivote pivot table by XMLA does not work. I get this error:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Unable to create envelope from given source:
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: com.sun.xml.internal.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl: Unable to create envelope from given source:
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:460)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:355)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:329)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:265)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
    at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(RequestFilter.java:139)
    at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestSynchronizer.handleRequest(RequestSynchronizer.java:127)
    at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:263)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:874)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Default Upgrade

It seems that the thread talking about JPivot problems with 3.0.1.10736 was right. Simply upgrading to 3.0.2.10775 solved my problems. Thanks for your help.

I tried with the explained solutions and doesn't work yet. Mondrian's installation document not explain details about how to install sucessful.

error: Connect string '@mondrian.webapp.connectString@=; Catalog='null'' blah blah blah

Tried every solution, i swear!