Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: An obsolete file format is detected

Default An obsolete file format is detected

I am using the latest Report Designer tool.
    According to the requirement, the report should have some header, whose contents are got through a query.

The main body of the report is a table using another dataset.

I have created two dataset queries in the main report, one with the name default.

The report in the main body is a sub report, created using the Report Design Wizard.
    While previewing the sub report standalone , it is displayed properly.However when the main report is viewed only the report header is displayed properly while the table in main body is not displayed at all.

When this report is opened in Pentaho Design Studio, it gives a warning, that 'An Obsolete file format has been detected....'

Also when the report is published to the server, a null pointer exception is thrown saying that the report could not be parsed properly.

The complete error stack trace is-

Debug: Starting execute of RetailOrder//RetailOrderReport.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=C:\pentaho\pentaho-opensource-1.2.1\pentaho-solutions\RetailOrder\RetailOrderReport.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "pdf" to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source runtime to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "[{report-output-desc=PDF, report-output-type-id=pdf}, {report-output-desc=Excel, report-output-type-id=xls}, {report-output-desc=Word, report-output-type-id=rtf}, {report-output-desc=Web Page, report-output-type-id=html}, {report-output-desc=Comma Separated Value, report-output-type-id=csv}]" to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source response to parameter content (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=c897c648-ffdc-11dc-8a68-cf5443d2f0c1, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=C:\pentaho\pentaho-opensource-1.2.1\pentaho-solutions (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Error: JFreeReport.ERROR_0007 - Could not parse report RetailOrder\RetailOrderReport.xml - java.lang.NullPointerException (org.pentaho.plugin.jfreereport.components.JFreeReportLoadComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for JFreeReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

I dont understand what could be the solution for all this.

Regards
    Parag
    Last edited by parag_shar; 04-01-2008 at 07:17 AM. Reason: forgot to insert stack trace

The obsolete format message isnt anything to worry about in my experience - just let it update it. Why they can't bring the formats into sync i'm not sure.

The report xml not parsing is something different, i'd suggest posting the XML here for someone to look at.

Rgds,
    Dan

I am using the latest Report Designer tool.
    and
    getFile path=C:\pentaho\pentaho-opensource-1.2.1\pentaho-solutions
    Do you use the latest design.-tools with a 1.2.1 platform? If so, then well, this wont work. We cannot develop backward in time and therefore old versions of the platform cannot use features that have been developed after that version of the platform has been released.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thanks a lot to all you guys..

Regards
    Parag