Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BI Platform Pre-Configured...Help!

Unhappy BI Platform Pre-Configured...Help!

I'm trying to get the pre-configure dinstallation running.

I downloaded and extracted the file...

pentaho_demo_mysql5-1.6.0.GA.863.tar.tar

I then went into the pentaho-demo/data directory and successfully ran the script...

SampleDataDump_MySql.sql

Everything seemed OK up to that point. I looked and the databases and users were created. I then went to start the server up and got a whole bunch of errors...here are some of them:

Started with some warnings...

14:24:28,262 WARN [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context 'null'
    14:24:29,082 WARN [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context 'null'
    14:24:29,737 WARN [config] Unable to process deployment descriptor for context 'null'
    14:24:45,617 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.Node]; using defaults.
    14:24:45,686 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.instantiation.Delegation]; using defaults.
    14:24:46,110 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.taskmgmt.def.Task]; using defaults.
    14:24:46,918 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition]; using defaults.
    14:24:46,992 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.ExceptionHandler]; using defaults.
    14:24:46,996 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.module.def.ModuleDefinition]; using defaults.
    14:24:47,314 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.Action]; using defaults.
    14:24:47,375 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.Event]; using defaults.
    14:24:47,505 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.context.def.VariableAccess]; using defaults.
    14:24:48,884 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.Transition]; using defaults.
    14:24:48,984 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.taskmgmt.def.TaskController]; using defaults.
    14:24:49,005 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.taskmgmt.def.TaskMgmtDefinition.tasks]; using defaults.
    14:24:49,006 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.node.ProcessState.variableAccesses]; using defaults.
    14:24:49,006 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition.events]; using defaults.
    14:24:49,007 WARN [EhCacheProvider] Could not find configuration [org.jbpm.taskmgmt.def.Swimlane.tasks]; using defaults.

Then the errors started. This looks key:

14:25:12,276 WARN [SettingsFactory] Could not obtain connection metadata
    java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'hibuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:946)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:885)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.secureAuth411(MysqlIO.java:3421)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:1247)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.java:2748)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:1553)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.NonRegisteringDriver.connect(NonRegisteringDriver.java:285)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:525)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
    at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnection(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)

14:25:12,751 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Access denied for user 'hibuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    14:25:12,756 ERROR [STDERR] org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:103)
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:91)
    at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
    at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:29)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:426)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.ConnectionManager.getConnection(ConnectionManager.java:144)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.BorrowedConnectionProxy.invoke(BorrowedConnectionProxy.java:50)
    at $Proxy240.rollback(Unknown Source)
    at org.pentaho.repository.DefinitionVersionManager.performAutoUpdateIfRequired(DefinitionVersionManager.java:53)
    at org.pentaho.repository.HibernateUtil.initialize(HibernateUtil.java:155)
    at org.pentaho.repository.HibernateUtil.<clinit>(HibernateUtil.java:85)
    at com.pentaho.repository.subscribe.SubscriptionRepository.<init>(SubscriptionRepository.java:64)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.createObject(PentahoSystem.java:1180)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.createObject(PentahoSystem.java:1203)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.loadStartupObject(PentahoSystem.java:581)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.loadStartupObject(PentahoSystem.java:541)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.initGlobalObjects(PentahoSystem.java:711)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.GlobalObjectInitializer.startup(GlobalObjectInitializer.java:33)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.createSystemListeners(PentahoSystem.java:389)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:322)

Not sure what went wrong. Like I said, the SQL script seemed to run fine.
    Last edited by Robin Sarac; 04-07-2008 at 05:05 PM.

yeah in a web-inf sub folder there is a hibernate.cfg.xml(search the forums and check the precice location) file that needs editing to point at your mysql server.

Tom
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

Thanks for that, but that file seems to be OK. I don't see anything wrong with it.

well if your mysql server is on you localhost box then its address is correct but for some reason it wont authenticate the hibernate user, if you mysql server isn't on localhost then you are being a little silly.

Tom

Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

Make sure that the access right of hibuser in your MySQL are either set as 'hibuser'@'localhost' or 'hibuser'@%.

MySQL is very finnicky when it comes to the origion of a connection request.

Regards,
    Ingo

Quote Originally Posted by bugg_tb View Post
    well if your mysql server is on you localhost box then its address is correct but for some reason it wont authenticate the hibernate user, if you mysql server isn't on localhost then you are being a little silly.

Tom
    No, I'm not being silly, it's on the same machine and localhost is right.

Quote Originally Posted by ingo.klose View Post
    Make sure that the access right of hibuser in your MySQL are either set as 'hibuser'@'localhost' or 'hibuser'@%.

MySQL is very finnicky when it comes to the origion of a connection request.

Regards,
    Ingo
    From the command prompt, I can log on just fine with 'mysql -u hibuser -p' entering the default password.

I don't know whats wrong but could you post the file so we can take a quick nosey. I mean its not authenticating for one reason or another, so maybe a second, third and fourth pair of eyes will help.

Tom

I've got rid of the errors, but I still can't connect with a browser. I'll have to do some digging on my own with this problem before I bother you lot. Just the generic "IE cannot display the webpage" message.

I had to go into MySQL and mess with the allowed hosts and GRANTs for hibuser and pentaho_user (added localhost and set GRANT for localhost access). This is something that maybe should be sorted out if the demo is to be called preconfigured. Thanks for your help, all.

I had to follow the instructions for running as a server...everything seems OK now.