Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: liferay-demo? in svn

Default liferay-demo? in svn

After my last post regarding general user portals that pentaho will play nice with pretty easily I have this in the repository:
    svn://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/pentaho/branches/liferay-demo
    I got it all compiled up and followed this guy here:
    http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Pentaho_Portlets
    and things went better than I expected. and I got a result of the picture attached.
    when I click on stuff I get the page to reload and errors like
    ---------------
    Not Found

The requested resource was not found.

http://localhost:8080/user/test/ViewAction?solution=samples&path=getting-started&action=SampleDataQuery.xaction
    ---------------

looks like there is a context issue or something happening

So I have a few questions here.
    1. the obvious. what am I missing? I'm going to do some digging for sure. any pointer would be helpful.
    2. Are you guys working to move from jboss portal to liferay? or are you going to supply both a liferay portal and a jboss portal for demos?
    3. how far along is the liferay demo?
    4. Need some help testing? I'll be happy to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Try not to have too much fun.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    That guy who shows up here
    and there

OH yeah here is an example of the more common errors that is popping up.

00:34:24,798 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/nguzaldo/Desktop/pentaho-stuff/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    00:34:24,799 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: getFileList xPath=/repository/file[@type="FILE.FOLDER"][@name="samples"]/file[@type="FILE.FOLDER"][@name="reporting"][@visible="true"]
    00:34:24,852 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] ::: Starting execute of samples/portal/regions.rule.xaction
    00:34:24,852 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] :SOLUTION-ENGINE:regions.rule.xaction: Getting runtime context and data
    00:34:24,852 ERROR [NavigationPortlet:297] org.pentaho.ui.portlet.FilterPanelPortlet:sessionortlet: BasePortlet.ERROR_0003 - Portlet threw error
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:75)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1144)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:205)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:169)
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Found what I was missing though.
    needed the thred party libs.
    but now I'm getting a much more interesting error.

01:25:15,884 ERROR [ManagerBase:412] IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl
    java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1309)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1908)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)

so the first question I asked is good, but the later questions still have interest if anyone has any insight on them would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Nic,

We remain committed to supporting any JSR-168 compliant portal; our partnership with Liferay was announced a while back and we have been working on ways to integrate our technologies for mutual benefit since then, but the new work in our portlets will certainly work in JBoss Portal as well. There are some specificities around deployment methodology and security integration that we're still ironing out, but remain confident of our ability to support a number of portal technologies.

I appreciate your offer to help test this integration and will have one of our senior developers follow up with you either here or through e-mail to coordinate your getting all the right bits and docs.

Best regards,

John

John,

That would be great. it defenently seems as if the portlet's defined are fine. From my looking into where the problem actually is. It seems it's to do with the lib's so any sort of bits or docs will help out greatly.

Either email or here is a good place for me.

I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can, The platform has came a long way since v1.1.

Thanks,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Default liferay demo code

Nic,

The error seems that probably is was not able to find you pentaho-solutions. Also, the solution browser works with
    action response portlet. When you select any action sequence from the solution browser, the result is displayed in the
    action response portlet. The way these two portlet communicate is through post office box mechanism. Every portlet
    has a box id which you can set at the edit mode and when two portlet have same box id, they share the information
    that is being passed. Try that setup and it will work for you

Our latest code is in the svn repository. We just finished the single sign on integration with CAS, Pentaho and Liferay.
    Our next goal is to have different flavors of repository browser to be available to the user. As far the testing is
    concerned, you can feel free to load all the portlet that are available and let me know if any one is not working, all the
    portlet have capability of communicating with another portlet, that is also a big area we need test on. Later, I will
    provide you with some documentation on this. Let me know how it goes.

Ramaiz

dmoran Guest

Nic,

Great to see you back in the forums. We've missed you since last summer! There is an IRC channel now that you may also be interested in:
    irc.freenode.net ##pentaho

Doug

Ramaiz,

Any documentation on getting the environment setup would be great. It's appear as if I'm missing something in the environment b/c it is having an issue finding some information.
    Got this when I tried to put together some of the portlets to reflect the pentaho dashboard.
    Code:
    17:39:23,836 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/nguzaldo/Desktop/pentaho-stuff/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    17:39:23,838 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/nguzaldo/Desktop/pentaho-stuff/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    17:39:23,841 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] ::: Starting execute of samples/portal/headcount_actual_by_region.xaction
    17:39:23,841 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] :SOLUTION-ENGINE:headcount_actual_by_region.xaction: Getting runtime context and data
    17:39:23,841 ERROR [NavigationPortlet:297] org.pentaho.ui.portlet.charting.PieDatasetChartPortlet:session:portlet: BasePortlet.ERROR_0003 - Portlet threw error
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
            at org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:75)
            at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1144)
            at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:205)
            at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:169)
            at org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.AbstractChartComponent.getActionData(AbstractChartComponent.java:168)
    I can how ever adjust the path in the solution browser and see different reporting examples listed, but clicking the links on there just reload the existing page. even after adding a xaction response portlet setting the box id equal each other. Getting similar errors.

I think I'll hold off a bit and say hi to doug in the irc room till your able to let me see a bit of the docs for it. Once I run through those docs to ensure I have things setup for the environment properly I'll then start posting the error logs instead of just snippets of the logs. Since I'm sure I don't have something setup right no sense trying to figure that out at the moment imo.

Thanks again looking forward to test things,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Quote Originally Posted by rmansoor View Post
    Nic,

The error seems that probably is was not able to find you pentaho-solutions. Also, the solution browser works with
    action response portlet. When you select any action sequence from the solution browser, the result is displayed in the
    action response portlet. The way these two portlet communicate is through post office box mechanism. Every portlet
    has a box id which you can set at the edit mode and when two portlet have same box id, they share the information
    that is being passed. Try that setup and it will work for you

Our latest code is in the svn repository. We just finished the single sign on integration with CAS, Pentaho and Liferay.
    Our next goal is to have different flavors of repository browser to be available to the user. As far the testing is
    concerned, you can feel free to load all the portlet that are available and let me know if any one is not working, all the
    portlet have capability of communicating with another portlet, that is also a big area we need test on. Later, I will
    provide you with some documentation on this. Let me know how it goes.

Ramaiz

Think I can take a look at them docs?

Thanks again,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

I decided that I was making things a bit too complex. Lets brake it down into simplifier steps.

So I took a step back and tried verbatium.
    http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Pentaho_Portlets and http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/Tomcat+5.5
    without using the svn for the liferay-demo just to make sure that I got everything happy.

The jist of it is that it worked with a lil bit of fighting to get it to do what it needed to do. mainly you have to point one of them to mysql for obvious reasons.
    So liferay is pointed to mysql. Now to do my favorite thing and point Pentaho to mysql, which shouldn't be a problem at all.

Check to see if it's still working properly. as shown in this here picture.

After that I'll then try to see if the liferay-demo code in the svn can just replace the pentaho in <tomcat>/webapps

and hope all things work the similar way. then follow Ramaiz's advice and set the box #'s all equal to eachother.
    If any comes across this that's got some tips on a special way to compile the liferay-demo code in the svn besides war-all-tomcat-pentaho.

As I was looking through the ant build targets I saw there was a pentaho-liferay.jar... Do I need that for anything?????????????????????

We'll here's where the force comes in.

Nic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there