Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: liferay-demo? in svn

Default liferay-demo? in svn

After my last post regarding general user portals that pentaho will play nice with pretty easily I have this in the repository:
    svn://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/pentaho/branches/liferay-demo
    I got it all compiled up and followed this guy here:
    http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Pentaho_Portlets
    and things went better than I expected. and I got a result of the picture attached.
    when I click on stuff I get the page to reload and errors like
    ---------------
    Not Found

The requested resource was not found.

http://localhost:8080/user/test/ViewAction?solution=samples&path=getting-started&action=SampleDataQuery.xaction
    ---------------

looks like there is a context issue or something happening

So I have a few questions here.
    1. the obvious. what am I missing? I'm going to do some digging for sure. any pointer would be helpful.
    2. Are you guys working to move from jboss portal to liferay? or are you going to supply both a liferay portal and a jboss portal for demos?
    3. how far along is the liferay demo?
    4. Need some help testing? I'll be happy to help.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Try not to have too much fun.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    That guy who shows up here
    and there

OH yeah here is an example of the more common errors that is popping up.

00:34:24,798 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/nguzaldo/Desktop/pentaho-stuff/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    00:34:24,799 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: getFileList xPath=/repository/file[@type="FILE.FOLDER"][@name="samples"]/file[@type="FILE.FOLDER"][@name="reporting"][@visible="true"]
    00:34:24,852 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] ::: Starting execute of samples/portal/regions.rule.xaction
    00:34:24,852 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] :SOLUTION-ENGINE:regions.rule.xaction: Getting runtime context and data
    00:34:24,852 ERROR [NavigationPortlet:297] org.pentaho.ui.portlet.FilterPanelPortlet:sessionortlet: BasePortlet.ERROR_0003 - Portlet threw error
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:75)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1144)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:205)
    at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:169)
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Found what I was missing though.
    needed the thred party libs.
    but now I'm getting a much more interesting error.

01:25:15,884 ERROR [ManagerBase:412] IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl
    java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1309)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1908)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)

so the first question I asked is good, but the later questions still have interest if anyone has any insight on them would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Nic,

We remain committed to supporting any JSR-168 compliant portal; our partnership with Liferay was announced a while back and we have been working on ways to integrate our technologies for mutual benefit since then, but the new work in our portlets will certainly work in JBoss Portal as well. There are some specificities around deployment methodology and security integration that we're still ironing out, but remain confident of our ability to support a number of portal technologies.

I appreciate your offer to help test this integration and will have one of our senior developers follow up with you either here or through e-mail to coordinate your getting all the right bits and docs.

Best regards,

John

John,

That would be great. it defenently seems as if the portlet's defined are fine. From my looking into where the problem actually is. It seems it's to do with the lib's so any sort of bits or docs will help out greatly.

Either email or here is a good place for me.

I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can, The platform has came a long way since v1.1.

Thanks,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Default liferay demo code

Nic,

The error seems that probably is was not able to find you pentaho-solutions. Also, the solution browser works with
    action response portlet. When you select any action sequence from the solution browser, the result is displayed in the
    action response portlet. The way these two portlet communicate is through post office box mechanism. Every portlet
    has a box id which you can set at the edit mode and when two portlet have same box id, they share the information
    that is being passed. Try that setup and it will work for you

Our latest code is in the svn repository. We just finished the single sign on integration with CAS, Pentaho and Liferay.
    Our next goal is to have different flavors of repository browser to be available to the user. As far the testing is
    concerned, you can feel free to load all the portlet that are available and let me know if any one is not working, all the
    portlet have capability of communicating with another portlet, that is also a big area we need test on. Later, I will
    provide you with some documentation on this. Let me know how it goes.

Ramaiz

dmoran Guest

Nic,

Great to see you back in the forums. We've missed you since last summer! There is an IRC channel now that you may also be interested in:
    irc.freenode.net ##pentaho

Doug

Ramaiz,

Any documentation on getting the environment setup would be great. It's appear as if I'm missing something in the environment b/c it is having an issue finding some information.
    Got this when I tried to put together some of the portlets to reflect the pentaho dashboard.
    Code:
    17:39:23,836 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/nguzaldo/Desktop/pentaho-stuff/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    17:39:23,838 DEBUG [SolutionRepositoryBase] SOLUTION-REPOSITORY: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=/home/nguzaldo/Desktop/pentaho-stuff/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    17:39:23,841 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] ::: Starting execute of samples/portal/headcount_actual_by_region.xaction
    17:39:23,841 DEBUG [SolutionEngine] :SOLUTION-ENGINE:headcount_actual_by_region.xaction: Getting runtime context and data
    17:39:23,841 ERROR [NavigationPortlet:297] org.pentaho.ui.portlet.charting.PieDatasetChartPortlet:session:portlet: BasePortlet.ERROR_0003 - Portlet threw error
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
            at org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:75)
            at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1144)
            at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:205)
            at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:169)
            at org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.AbstractChartComponent.getActionData(AbstractChartComponent.java:168)
    I can how ever adjust the path in the solution browser and see different reporting examples listed, but clicking the links on there just reload the existing page. even after adding a xaction response portlet setting the box id equal each other. Getting similar errors.

I think I'll hold off a bit and say hi to doug in the irc room till your able to let me see a bit of the docs for it. Once I run through those docs to ensure I have things setup for the environment properly I'll then start posting the error logs instead of just snippets of the logs. Since I'm sure I don't have something setup right no sense trying to figure that out at the moment imo.

Thanks again looking forward to test things,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Quote Originally Posted by rmansoor View Post
    Nic,

The error seems that probably is was not able to find you pentaho-solutions. Also, the solution browser works with
    action response portlet. When you select any action sequence from the solution browser, the result is displayed in the
    action response portlet. The way these two portlet communicate is through post office box mechanism. Every portlet
    has a box id which you can set at the edit mode and when two portlet have same box id, they share the information
    that is being passed. Try that setup and it will work for you

Our latest code is in the svn repository. We just finished the single sign on integration with CAS, Pentaho and Liferay.
    Our next goal is to have different flavors of repository browser to be available to the user. As far the testing is
    concerned, you can feel free to load all the portlet that are available and let me know if any one is not working, all the
    portlet have capability of communicating with another portlet, that is also a big area we need test on. Later, I will
    provide you with some documentation on this. Let me know how it goes.

Ramaiz

Think I can take a look at them docs?

Thanks again,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

I decided that I was making things a bit too complex. Lets brake it down into simplifier steps.

So I took a step back and tried verbatium.
    http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Pentaho_Portlets and http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/Tomcat+5.5
    without using the svn for the liferay-demo just to make sure that I got everything happy.

The jist of it is that it worked with a lil bit of fighting to get it to do what it needed to do. mainly you have to point one of them to mysql for obvious reasons.
    So liferay is pointed to mysql. Now to do my favorite thing and point Pentaho to mysql, which shouldn't be a problem at all.

Check to see if it's still working properly. as shown in this here picture.

After that I'll then try to see if the liferay-demo code in the svn can just replace the pentaho in <tomcat>/webapps

and hope all things work the similar way. then follow Ramaiz's advice and set the box #'s all equal to eachother.
    If any comes across this that's got some tips on a special way to compile the liferay-demo code in the svn besides war-all-tomcat-pentaho.

As I was looking through the ant build targets I saw there was a pentaho-liferay.jar... Do I need that for anything?????????????????????

We'll here's where the force comes in.

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Default Warmer?

I went through my simple steps and got pentaho talking to mysql to get the same results.
    then when I tried using the liferay-demo tomcat wars hibernate didn't seem to be happy missing something about callbackfilter not found exceptions.
    so I DLed the cglib-nodep-2.2_beta1.jar from the source forge. http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=98218
    which then cased liferay to died but pentaho worked at localhost:8080/pentaho.
    tried coping the liferay-helpers-1.7.0.jar and pentaho-i18n-1.7.0.jar after using ant to build them.
    same cycle of issues where if cglib was not present then callbackfilter would not be found and the portlet's loaded bland and when clicking prefferences to go into edit mode also resulted in a blank page.
    with cglib there liferay wouldn't start with a reflection type error.

so that catches a odd thought in my head, so I'm going to give an earlier version of cglib see if that makes a differences.

Does this make sense? I can reliably product the error logs. But Lets see if the earlier version works any different.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

here's the beginning of the error when either version is in place of the cglib.
    Pentaho BI Platform server is ready. (Pentaho BI Platform 1.7.0.944) Base Url = http://localhost:8080/pentaho/, Solution Path = /home/nguzaldo/Desktop/attempt/liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-jdk5-4.4.2/pentaho-solutions
    2008/04/13 11:20:32:240 GMT [ERROR] ManagerBase - IOException while loading persisted sessions: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl <java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl>java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: com.liferay.portlet.PortletSessionImpl
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1309)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1908)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1832)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1719)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1305)
    at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
    at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObject(StandardSession.java:1402)
    at org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession.readObjectData(StandardSession.java:931

More error and some text.

2008/04/13 11:03:30:254 GMT [ERROR] ] - Exception starting filter Secure MainServlet Filter <java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError>java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.CGLIBEnhancedConverter.canConvert(CGLIBEnhancedConverter.java:59)
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.core.DefaultConverterLookup.registerConverter(DefaultConverterLookup.java:58)
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.registerConverter(XStream.java:975)
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.dynamicallyRegisterConverter(XStream.java:646)
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.setupConverters(XStream.java:629)
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.<init>(XStream.java:371)
    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.<init>(XStream.java:297)
    at com.germinus.easyconf.XstreamSerializer.<clinit>(XstreamSerializer.java:19)
    at com.germinus.easyconf.ConfigurationSerializer.getSerializer(ConfigurationSerializer.java:13)
    at com.germinus.easyconf.ConfigurationLoader.<clinit>(ConfigurationLoader.java:40)
    at com.germinus.easyconf.ComponentConfiguration.<init>(ComponentConfiguration.java:38)
    at com.germinus.easyconf.ComponentConfiguration.<init>(ComponentConfiguration.java:43)
    at com.germinus.easyconf.EasyConf.getConfiguration(EasyConf.java:53)
    at com.liferay.util.ExtPropertiesLoader.<init>(ExtPropertiesLoader.java:141)
    at com.liferay.util.ExtPropertiesLoader.getInstance(ExtPropertiesLoader.java:51)
    at com.liferay.portal.util.PropsUtil._getInstance(PropsUtil.java:1254)
    at com.liferay.portal.util.PropsUtil._getInstance(PropsUtil.java:1245)
    at com.liferay.portal.util.PropsUtil.get(PropsUtil.java:1215)

at this point pentaho works with localhost:8080/pentaho, but no liferay

and here is the error when cglib is not in place

11:06:17,382 ERROR [HibernateUtil] HIBUTIL.ERROR_0006 - Building SessionFactory failed.
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/cglib/proxy/CallbackFilter
    at org.hibernate.bytecode.cglib.BytecodeProviderImpl.getProxyFactoryFactory(BytecodeProviderImpl.java:33)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buildProxyFactoryInternal(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:182)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.buildProxyFactory(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:160)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.AbstractEntityTuplizer.<init>(AbstractEntityTuplizer.java:135)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.PojoEntityTuplizer.<init>(PojoEntityTuplizer.java:55)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMapping.<init>(EntityEntityModeToTuplizerMapping.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.tuple.entity.EntityMetamodel.<init>(EntityMetamodel.java:295)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.AbstractEntityPersister.<init>(AbstractEntityPersister.java:434)
    at org.hibernate.persister.entity.SingleTableEntityPersister.<init>(SingleTableEntityPersister.java:109)
    at org.hibernate.persister.PersisterFactory.createClassPersister(PersisterFactory.java:55)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:226)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1294)
    at org.pentaho.repository.HibernateUtil.initialize(HibernateUtil.java:143)

at this point liferay works with blank pentaho portlets. after login at localhost:8080/pentaho get an error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.

at which point I have these libs in <tomcat>/common/lib
    pentaho-i18n-1.7.0.jar
    liferay-helpers-1.7.0.jar
    hibernate3.jar
    hsqldb.jar
    mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar
    naming-factory.jar
    servlet-api.jar
    naming-resources.jar
    naming-factory-dbcp.jar
    jsp-api.jar
    jasper-runtime.jar
    jasper-compiler-jdt.jar
    jasper-compiler.jar
    commons-el.jar

the first 5 I put in there.

what lib should I be using here?
    Another very acceptable answer is that I should try the liferay forums.
    Last edited by guzaldon; 04-13-2008 at 07:25 AM.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Unhappy

Since this isn't getting much attention besides from me and my ramblings I'll see what the liferay community has to say.
    I didn't want to do that since most of probably don't even know about the svn repository for the liferay-demo, but we'll see.

a couple things that would be handy to know in association with the liferay-demo to help get it working w/o blank portlets.
    1. which version of liferay is this wrote for (any?)
    2. which bundle should it work the easiest with (any?) I know there are ant build targets for jboss and tomcat would either bundle be better?
    3. given I reset things up based off of response for 1 and 2 so I need to any anything outside of the 5 jar's I added prior?
    4. since this is "later" does this mean that I'm not going to look at any docs?

any info on the above would be of great help. Off to post some stuff on liferay's forms.

I'll post a link here to that post when it's done and from that post it'll link back here so maybe I'll find out some info.

Thanks,
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

here is the link to the post of liferay.

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/com...message/682357

Later
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Well I made it a bit further. Looks like if you stick the cglib in <tomcat>webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib then they both start up.
    not sure if it makes a difference or not but I tried it on the liferay-tomcat5.5-5.0.1 bundle, which showed the same issues as prior ones till I moved it into pentaho's lib in webapps.

and the RegionFilterPortlet displays the info that it propts for, then you can select the values hit update. nothing happens but when you reload the page by hitting f5 nothing is still there. but if you click configure (the gear) and then return to page it's all populated with something. and get the following result in the picture.

so I figured I would follow rmansoor's advice to set the box # for the "post office box" and when trying to enter edit mode it has a problem rendering it then.
    from what I recall I need to add some more lib's it got it going into edit mode so lets see. Will report back later.

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

I mis spoke. the regionFilterPortlet doesn't appear to have an edit mode.
    other portlets available do. :-D.

So it's time to play I'm sure I'm going to have a bunch more questions. Well I already do but I'm going to see what I can figure out.

Any help is still appreciated.

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Default SOLUTION -- HOWTO liferay-demo from svn

largely based on http://wiki.liferay.com/index.php/Pentaho_Portlets

what you will need:
    pentaho-design-studio - to fetch stuff via svn and to compile with ant
    pentaho_demo_mysql5 - has a lot of needed stuff you'll need on one place
    liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.0.1 - to deploy pentaho to.
    liferay-portal-sql from additional download files.
    mysql-connector-java-5.1.6 - for mysql connections
    cglib-nodep-2.1_3.jar from the sourceforge downloads for cglib

lets make the db's
    extract liferay-portal-sql and pentaho_demo_mysql5
    use the pentaho-demo/data/sampledatadump-mysql.sql to create the db's for pentaho
    use liferay-portal-sql/create/create-mysql.sql
    that should get the databases's setup. and pentaho's script will create users.

let get liferay up.
    extract liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.0.1
    cd into the extracted directory/bin
    run ./startup.sh to start it up.
    visit localhost:8080 and it should load the liferay portal.
    now shutdown liferay by running ./shustdown.sh

edit liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.0.1/conf/Catalina/localhost/ROOT.xml
    comment out the hypersonic resource
    uncomment the mysql resource
    update the resources to reflect needed host, un, and pw.
    copy mysql jconnector to liferay-portal-tomcat-5.5-5.0.1/common/lib
    fire up liferay to make sure it's still happy with
    shut liferay down when you know it's working right still but on mysql.

extract the design studio.
    add a project from svn
    add svn://source.pentaho.org/svnroot/
    then use it
    navigate to pentaho/branches/liferay-demo
    then add another project from svn
    use the same repository
    navigate to pentaho-preconfiguredinstall/trunk

it'll take a few minutes to download the files so be patient

then build pentaho with the ant targets of
    jar-pentaho-liferay, war-all-pentaho-tomcat

will take 2 to 5 minutes to build

then fireup liferay add a plugin by uploading a file.
    browse to where the workspace is then to pentaho/build/pentaho-wars/tomcat/mysql5
    then copy pentaho-portal-layout.war, pentaho-style.war and sw-style.war into <liferay>/webapps
    update <liferay>/config/server.xml as per http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/PentahoDoc/Tomcat+5.5
    look furhter down to find the ones for mysql in the comments.

copy the pentaho-solution directory from the pentaho-demo into <liferay> as a sibling
    copy workspace/pentaho/build/pentaho-jars/liferay-helpers-1.7.0.jar and penthao-i18n-1.7.0.jar to <liferay>/common/lib
    copy cglib into <liferay>/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/lib
    add joebloggs to applicationContext-acegi-security-memory.xml

fire up liferay and add the pentaho portlets from "add application" under pentaho and enjoy.

a "post office box" is used to allow portlets to share information. so enter the exersice is add a samplebrowserportlet and a actionrespoinseportlet
    goto edit mode on about the portlets one at a time and put the same number in the "box #" then return to full page. select a sample and watch what the actionrespoisneportlet does.

WARNING: IT"S STILL KIND OF BUGGY

Hope that helps.

Nic
    Last edited by guzaldon; 04-14-2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: forgot something
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Default Liferay demo

Nic,
    Here are some documentation as to how you can setup the development environment for liferay and pentaho. http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/~rma...ration+Project
    You have done an excellent job describing what to do to get it setup up. The error for the no class def is probably related to you hibernate cache. Take a look at your hbernate.cfg.xml and make sure you have a cache provider defined.
    <property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider</property>

Let me know if you have any other questions. I will try to check this forum post every day and help you out as much as I can. Thanks for being so patient with me.
    Ramaiz

Ramaiz,

Thanks for the links I have checked them out. doesn't look too bad, will probably be working through them tonight.

I will check out my hibernate.cfg.xml as well to make sure it's defined. I'll also post my catatina.out after a startup so you and everyone else can see what to expect in the error log on startup when following what I post earlier.

As you can see even when no one is giving me hints or help I still try and truck on through. I'm not the best developer but I do like to solve problems and I'm always up for helping make the great efforts pentaho puts into it's awesome platform more affective.

I look forward to collaberating with you in days to come. but now it's time for teleconferences.. :-(

Thanks agian and may the force be with us.

Nic

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

My hibernate.xml.cfg is set with:
    <property name="cache.provider_class">org.hibernate.cache.EhCacheProvider</property>
    in both places
    ./webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/classes/jndi/hibernate.cfg.xml
    ./webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/classes/hibernate.cfg.xml

so here's a question...
    how should I handle reports that promt with a secure filter?
    b/c after it loads the securefilter part of the xaction in both the actionresponse portlet and the securefilterportlet the buttons don't do anything.
    do I need to create a securefilter portlet to get the information and have the actionreponse catch the report with the box # equal? (going to try this soon)
    or is there a better portlet prepackaged to use?

I haven't tried getting the singles sign on yet with cas.

Let me know what you think,

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

here are logs from starting up and some activity to pages built prior to the log capture
    ----
    logged in as joebloggs
    visiting the page that has the sample type dashboard portlets.
    selected a region, a department, and a position then hit update.
    page reloads blank
    click on the "gear" then "return to full page"
    then when the page refreshes from "returning" to the page it's all loaded as one would expect.

when to my page that has a:
    solutionBrowserPortlet, secureFilterPortlet, actionResponsePortlet
    solutionbrowserportlet is configured
    solution: samples
    path: reporting
    box #: 15

secureFilterPortlet and actionResponsePortlet are only configured with box #'s = to 15.

the Parameter Page Customization Example was chosen in the solutionBrowserPortlet
    which then caused the Secure Report Parameter Example to be populated with the promting for user info
    info was entered and run was clicked.
    the picture attached didn't changeg or do anything after clicking run.

and the log file attachted is to that point.

any insight on getting these things to work better together would be appricated.

Thanks,

PS let me know if you any more details on steps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Default Liferay demo

You need to be able to logged into pentaho to be able to access the secure parameter pages. Also, are you running a filebased respository or dbbased respository. Is DB based then you need single signon before you can do anything. I have described that in the documentation I sent you last time. Here is the link again http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/Pent...ration+Project

thanks,
    your right I haven't enabled SSO yet. I will be doing that today/tonight. Right now the solutions is the default with a filebased respository.
    I noticed that you moved your docs as well. I was talking about them docs in a meeting I had a lil bit ago. Thanks for sharing them with me.
    as I work through the docs I'll post back any sort of updates or other tid bits to help get it going.

Thanks again.

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

on page:
    http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/Pent...feray+database

there is mention of getting the pentaho data and in the <scripts home>/create
    but unless I'm looking at the wrong stuff I'm not seeing it. looked through j2ee deployments, liferay-demo, pci, pentaho data and no create directory.
    Can you point me to where that is?

actual come to speak of it I'm not able to find a lot of the jar's or scripts your discribing in your docs that are pentaho related. any advice?

Thanks,
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

I will try to get you an answer by monday.

Thanks, though I believe it's b/c I have been trying to use the "community version" and thus doesn't not include them.

While playing around with the different portlets and trying to get them to display different content.
    add a widgetgridportlet.
    go into the edit mode, where it prompts you for the widget and the widgetgrid and drill url.
    I point the widget to samples/portal/mywidget.dial.xml
    then I point widgetgrid to samples/portal/mywidgetgrid.xml
    the drill url I leave alone (not messing with that yet) though drilling through takes you to the pentaho portal to view the jpivot table, which is a "story" for the liferay sprint.

I then click the save.
    after returning to the page the portlet Does not display anything.
    going into edit mode shows me that widget is save but the rest is not mean the widget-grid and drill url are blank.
    I don't see anything interesting in the logs so my impression is that it's not saving the widget-grid feild or the drill url feild properly.

Let me know if you need any more details.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Nic,
    You are right some of the jar files are not available to you as a community member. I will try to get you as much help as possible. Thanks for finding out the bug, I will be debugging this to find more details on that. I will keep you uptodate with my progress.
    Ramaiz

Rmansoor,

I got some emails out regarding going pro. My company will need the managed services to supply the SSO stuff for our implementation at some point so I'll be able to assist with the parts that require login later. For right now I'm trying to see what I can and can't do with what I can get to work ie doesn't require SSO.
    With recent events in my company they are liking what they are seeing with the liferay-pentaho-demo and what we can easily do with them, so they are going to let me run with it meaning we'll be needing the pro version at some point.

I have seen in the "user stories" that you will be working on a jpivot portlet component down the road it would be nice to be able to utilize a pivot table w/o haven't to goto the /pentaho context.

Just to give you a heads up, Since I got the buy in I need to run with it, I gotta go back and rebuild/redesign a bunch of schema's, system functionality (ie the stuff that populates the oltp not involving reporting or liferay. With that i will not be as rapidly testing the liferay-demo code but I will be trugging along with it after all you gotta see what you build so why not see it in liferay where possible.. :-)

A couple things that got from my meetings with them people regarding the intergration aspects. Here are a summizeried version on there comments. they might or might not pertain to your effects.
    1. Auto refreshing option for the dashboard widgets.
    2. A interval to auto refresh at.
    3. reflect the refresh rate to shorten the cached data period.

Got a meeting I'll be back later

Nic
    Last edited by guzaldon; 04-22-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

Rmansoor,

I beleive I have gotten what is needed to continue our efforts on the liferay-demo code namely being able to use SSO. I will be redoing some things this evening for the portal to get it working. I will be referencing your wiki pages. I might have some questions but I'll update any interesting questions, finds, or success.

Thanks,

Nic

Cool, I will continue working on this effort and I have incorporated you ideas into our backlog and will be discussing about them in the next meeting. Thanks

rmansoor,

thanks for the update, glad I could help. :-)
    was wondering if you have looked into the widgetgrid saving the variables or made any progress there.
    Should be slugging away at some more testing today and tomorrow.

Thanks again,
    Nic

Can post a guide to deploy Pentaho on tomcat-liferay?
    I have prob to build pentaho.war and i used the war from pentaho_deployments but i can't see the portlets.
    Help me
    thk
    Imrik

imrik,

check out page two of this thread.
    or check this:
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showpost.p...3&postcount=17

Nic

Angry context erreur

i have erreur in context,i deploy pentaho in liferay-tomcat 5:
    2008-06-03 12:47:58,265 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/pentaho]] Exception lors de l'envoi de l'évènement contexte initialisé (context initialized) à l'instance de classe d'écoute (listener) org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener
    java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    javax.net cannot be resolved to a type
    javax.net cannot be resolved
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.registerHostnameVerifier(PentahoSystem.java:1301)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:297)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:212)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:121)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1014)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
    2008-06-03 12:47:58,281 INFO [org.pentaho.util.logging.Logger] misc-org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener: Sortie de la plateforme Pentaho BI
    2008-06-03 12:47:58,281 INFO [org.pentaho.util.logging.Logger] misc-org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener: Sortie de la plateforme Pentaho BI

help me

Angry context erreur:

i have error, help me:

2008-06-03 12:47:58,265 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/pentaho]] Exception lors de l'envoi de l'évènement contexte initialisé (context initialized) à l'instance de classe d'écoute (listener) org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener
    java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems:
    javax.net cannot be resolved
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.registerHostnameVerifier(PentahoSystem.java:1301)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:297)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:212)
    at org.pentaho.core.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:121)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3764)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4216)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:736)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:443)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:448)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)

thanks

did you not fallow all the instructions I would be you did not move the liferay-helper-jars over as well.
    when you first deploy pentaho to liferay it will error a bunch and when you start it up after the deployment and after COPING everything else. you will get a serizilable error. THAT SHOULD BE EXPECTED.

and zineinfo for future reference saying "I have error"
    then dumping some random error from the log doesn't encurage people to help you.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there

thank you,
    for the repense but liferay-helpers-1.7.0.jar am constructed, with a size 7KO, is what this jar am incompléte?

Thank you for your answer.

I'm trying to deploy pentaho as liferay portlets, i'm following what said in http://wiki.pentaho.com/pages/viewpa...pageId=6783699
    All seems to be ok. We generate wars and jars as excpected. But when i put pentaho.war in <liferay_tomcat>/webapps
    and restart tomcat i have the following errors:

3 juin 2008 10:30:57 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
    INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java.library.path: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_12\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jikes-1.22\bin;%JRE_HOME%\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\apache-ant-1.7.0\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin
    3 juin 2008 10:30:57 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
    INFO: Initialisation de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur http-8080
    3 juin 2008 10:30:57 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
    INFO: Initialization processed in 1250 ms
    3 juin 2008 10:30:57 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
    INFO: Démarrage du service Catalina
    3 juin 2008 10:30:57 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
    INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.26
    3 juin 2008 10:30:57 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
    INFO: XML validation disabled

3 juin 2008 10:31:11 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    GRAVE: Error listenerStart
    3 juin 2008 10:31:11 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
    GRAVE: Erreur de démarrage du contexte [/pentaho] suite aux erreurs précédentes
    3 juin 2008 10:31:11 com.liferay.portal.kernel.log.Jdk14LogImpl info
    INFO: Initializing hot deploy manager 15070318
    3 juin 2008 10:31:50 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
    INFO: Déploiement de l'archive pentaho-portal-layout.war de l'application web
    3 juin 2008 10:31:50 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
    INFO: Déploiement de l'archive pentaho-style.war de l'application web
    3 juin 2008 10:31:51 org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
    INFO: Déploiement de l'archive sw-style.war de l'application web
    3 juin 2008 10:31:55 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
    INFO: Démarrage de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur http-8080
    3 juin 2008 10:31:55 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
    INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
    3 juin 2008 10:31:55 org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
    INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/47 config=null
    3 juin 2008 10:31:55 org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
    INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
    3 juin 2008 10:31:55 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
    INFO: Server startup in 57547 ms
    3 juin 2008 11:00:27 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
    INFO: Suspension de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur http-8080
    3 juin 2008 11:00:28 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
    INFO: Arrêt du service Catalina
    3 juin 2008 11:00:31 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext stop
    INFO: Le conteneur org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/pentaho] n'a pas été démarré
    3 juin 2008 11:00:31 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol destroy
    INFO: Arrêt de Coyote HTTP/1.1 sur http-8080
    3 juin 2008 11:00:31 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener lifecycleEvent
    INFO: Failed shutdown of Apache Portable Runtime
    3 juin 2008 13:20:47 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
    GRAVE: Catalina.stop:
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:469)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:366)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:179)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stopServer(Catalina.java:395)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.stopServer(Bootstrap.java:344)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:435)

Best regrads.
    zineinfo.

zineinfo,

that's is much better,I"m more than happy to help.
    How were you deploying pentaho's build for tomcat? copying it into the webapps folder or deploying it though the plugin admin portlet and then uploading it?

I also have some directions on page 2 of this thread you might want to glance at that b/c the wiki page looks like it's based off that work.

I gotta run now but I'll be back later.

Nic
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    and there