Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Table updates

Default Table updates

Hi,

One question regarding table updates. I am loading Excel data as source data for Orable table updates. I am using the "Update" step in Kettle 3.0.2. I have specified the connection link as well as the schema and table. However when I "get fields" the table fields and stream fields are populated from the input spreadsheet. I would have expected the table fields to be populated from the table, so that I can compare table keys/fieds against source Excel fields.

Am I missing the point here?

Regards,

Rick

Default table updates

However I should add that I could manually change a table field to the correct table key and things seem to work ok. I was just wondering if I was missing something since the "get fields" button did not pull the fields from the table output step.

Rick

I guess we picked the input stream to base it on because most of the time (for me at least) there is no target table to begin with.

Matt

Default Table updates

Thanks Matt,

It does work, so it's not a huge issue, and I don't have too many columns so manually adding them not to big of a pain :-).

It might be helpful regarding the "get fields" button to display output fields if an output step/info is defined, otherwise pull source fields or leave blank.

Thanks for the response.

Rick

For feature requests, it's best to add a JIRA case (http://jira.pentaho.org/browse/PDI).
    We have a nice mapping dialog that we could put behind another button below the current one.
    For example :-)

Matt