Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem in Multiple datasources in Pentaho report

Default Problem in Multiple datasources in Pentaho report

In Pentaho, as I understand one report ( item bands) can show data from one data source only. If I need two data sources in a report, I have a option of sub-report ( theoretically).

But in sub-report, I am unable to add any dataset. If i add 2 datasets in the main report, it only sees columns in the last dataset added.

Kindly help.

devayani

Are you using Pentaho report designer? If you are, right click on Data Sets and choose Add Pentaho Dataset. Set up your main query from your first data source and leave the name of the query as default. Right click on Data Sets and choose Add Pentaho Dataset. Set up the query for your subreport from the second data source and give it a query name like SubQuery.

Drag a subreport onto the report canvas. Under the properties for subreport enter the name "SubQuery" as the Query. Now if you double click on the subreport, you will be able to save your subreport and edit it.

Default Openerp 7 report creation with Pentaho

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Are you using Pentaho report designer? If you are, right click on Data Sets and choose Add Pentaho Dataset. Set up your main query from your first data source and leave the name of the query as default. Right click on Data Sets and choose Add Pentaho Dataset. Set up the query for your subreport from the second data source and give it a query name like SubQuery.

Drag a subreport onto the report canvas. Under the properties for subreport enter the name "SubQuery" as the Query. Now if you double click on the subreport, you will be able to save your subreport and edit it.
    Sir,

I was trying to do the same but when i call the filed to sub report it created either duplicate /2 set of each data