Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Oracle connects but returns no results

Default Oracle connects but returns no results

Hello,
    I just started testing Pentaho - my company is looking into reporting software and I wanted to test out this software.

I was able to set up a connection to our Oracle database. In the SQL editor I set up this statement:

SELECT
    MIDAX_CA.BANK.NAME
    FROM
    MIDAX_CA.BANK

If I do a preview at this point I can return 25,000 valid results. Then I continue with the report maker and when I go to preview the final report it returns 25,000 blank lines. I'm guessing there is some disconnect between the SQL viewer and the final report.

I've have been able to connect fine to our AS400 and PostgreSQL databases, but I can't figure out why it always returns blank data from the Oracle database in the report view.

Thanks,
    Josh

Default connetion to oracle database

i'm student and i'm working whit pentaho for analisys,i'have problems to connect oracle database with pentaho
    i'm looking for help to reach this step.could you help me please

Default connetion to oracle database

i'm student and i work with pentaho , i've a probleme to connect oracle database with pentaho please help me if you have the solution
    thanks mr

I was able to connect the the database by using the oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver found in classes111.zip

Then my connection URL looks like this:
    jdbc: oracle:thin:@<server>:<port1521>:<sid>

I can connect fine, and I can use the SQL preview to confirm results, but the final report produces nothing.
    Last edited by joshualandis; 05-05-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: remove smile

Ok, I was finally able to figure it out (kind-of).

I could never get the preview to work, but if I published the report and logged into the server then the report would show up correctly.

I guess there is some sort of bug in the preview code.