Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: the chart iamge not shown in pentaho

Thumbs up the chart iamge not shown in pentaho

i create a brit report with a bar chart, i test the reprot ok in the studio ,but when i publish the report.rtpdign and xaction in pentaho server ,the chat image do not show up, somebody kind tell me why? i m in a fix here.

what i did: copy two file(*.rptdesign,*.xaction) to solution/sample/reporting/,
    other data show normally except the Chart image

help me!

Pentaho Reporting Classic cannot handle BIRT report definitions. So you are probably posting in the wrong forum.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

what mean ?
    i can not understand, the birt it's self bug???

tell me more,thank you very much

No, you posted the thread in the classic-engine forum. The classic-engine is a independent reporting engine and is not even remotely connected to BIRT. So asking questions about BIRT there was like asking the Pope for advice on good nightclubs in New York.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Same problem for me. Is your output format HTML? I was able to see chart in report by switching output format to pdf in the xaction.

Regards

Julien

The usual pattern for having images in generated HTML, is to put a link to a servlet into the generated HTML and let the servlet deliver the image-file. This is a common pattern among all reporting-engines in the Java-World.

So check what BIRT is generating, and find out whether the image-url given there is correct. You might have to add a Birt-specific servlet to the configuration, if they use a servlet for shipping the image-data to the browser. But for that, it is the best thing to study the Birt-Documentation, they should explain what they do and how you can do it here ..

yes,my output format is HTML. and I was able to see chart in report by switching output format to pdf in the xactio also.

have you already solve this problem yet?

Same for me. The bart chart not show in the report. What's wrong ?