Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Upgrading Mondrian from 2.4 to 3.0.3-11016 broke Pentaho BI?

Default Upgrading Mondrian from 2.4 to 3.0.3-11016 broke Pentaho BI?

Hey gang,

I run Pentaho BI Platform 1.6.0.GA.863 and was using Mondrian 2.4.2 with it. I was running into some of the bugs mentioned elsewhere in the forums regarding aggregate tables. The patches/workarounds for those bugs were made against mondrian 3.0 code, so I figured I'd upgrade to 3.0 and apply the patches.

I thought I'd test an unpatched 3.0 first, so I got the latest mondrian build (3.0.3-11016), took the mondrian.jar file and placed it in pentaho's WEB-INF/lib directory, overwriting the old version. Now when I run any query, I get the following error message in the logs:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: mondrian.olap.DriverManager.getConnection(Ljava/lang/String;Lmondrian/spi/CatalogLocator;Z)Lmondrian/olap/Connection;

Anybody else running into this problem? Did I miss something? Does some other piece of the puzzle need upgrading? The weird thing is when I look at DriverManager.java in the source, it looks like that method does, in fact, exists, so I don't know what it's complaining about...

Jason

Make sure you have the correct version of the olap4j jar file. I downloaded the latest olap4j from sourceforge and used the jar from it.

You might give it a go with the 1.7.0 RC1 platform, which has Mondrian 3.0 embedded in it.