Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Demo startup error

Default Demo startup error

I'm trying to install Software Quality Reports for Bugzilla. I have successfully completed the first 5 steps of the demo installation, but I am getting errors when running start-pentaho.bat. My server log is attached.

Can anyone help with diagnosing the problem?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by KathyF View Post
    2008-05-13 01:48:23,375 WARN [org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory] Could not obtain connection metadata
    com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.net.SocketException
    MESSAGE: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

STACKTRACE:

java.net.SocketException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
    Kathy,

First guess would be that MySQL isn't running or not listening, so Pentaho can't access any of its repositories.

Default The database is accessible thru other tools

The MySql database is on a server and I can connect to the database thru Squirrel with a JDBC driver and thru Visual Studio with an ODBC connection. Can you suggest a way for me to test the database connection other than running start-pentaho.bat?

Check you database permissions, don't forget mysql has host specific permissions if you tried to connect from a computer other than your server than in no way means you can connect 'from' you server.

Tom
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg