Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Snap to Grid?

Default Snap to Grid?

On the wiki page that discusses the User interface for Report Designer, I see mention of a grid feature that supports Snap-to-Grid placement of widgets.

However, when I run Report Designer 1.6.0348 or the newest 1.7 build, I see no grid. In particular, the wiki refers to the item "View > Toggle Snap-to-Grid" but no such item appears on my View menu, regardless of the currently selected item or band.

Is this a feature not yet implemented, or am I just overlooking a way to enable it?

Thanks!

1.6 did not have the feature as this feature was not even planned at that time. The latest (released!) 1.7 build does also not have the feature, as the development branches had not been merged yet. The next release (which should happen anytime soon) will then have everything you see in the Wiki.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Thank you.

Where can I find a list that distinguishes documented features not yet implemented from those that have been? Or am I not keyed into the opensourciness of the thing?

Nice job on the UI, btw.
    Last edited by byron; 05-16-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Here is the download that contains snap to grid.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=599780

Kurtis