Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Internationalization with german text

Default Internationalization with german text

Hi,

what's about internationalization to german text with pentaho.

How could this be solved?

Lg,

Frank

Hi Frank,

you need to be a bit more specific. What do you want to display in German? Reports, the web application, tools, ...?

Regards,
    Ingio

Quote Originally Posted by ingo.klose View Post
    Hi Frank,

you need to be a bit more specific. What do you want to display in German? Reports, the web application, tools, ...?

Regards,
    Ingio
    Hi Ingo.

I am just writing a demo application with which I want to show the functionalities of pentaho.

So it would be interesting to internationalize reports and dashboards and eventually the web and application too.

So the question for me was if there is a general way (perhaps i18n) or if there would be the need for specific internationalizations for the specific topics.

I am looking forward to your answer.

Lg,

Frank

Hi Frank,

since you define the lables in the dashboards and reports yourself, you can choose the language. The data will be displayed as it is stored in the database. In general Pentaho uses i18n in all the applications and the web interface and a German translations are available. You can fully internationlize the solution repository and define names and descriptions in multiple languages for each folder and action sequence.

In addition the metadata layer supports the use of multiple locales as well, eg when you need report labels to display in English and German depending on the user.

Hope that gives you a first idea.

Regards,
    Ingo