Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: MSSQL Report Error : Database connection could not be established to: SQL2005

Default MSSQL Report Error : Database connection could not be established to: SQL2005

Hi

I am getting this error after i publish the report using design wizard .The Report Designer works fine and also shows data for the preview option .After Publishing it shows Report successfully published
    I am using Pentaho 1.6 version
    I have used a MSSQL Connection for the Reports .Going by the error "DB connection could not be established " how did it show data for preview ..

Plz reply
    what could be the reason for Error .

Thanks
    Silna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: SQL2005 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SQL2005 not bound (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/Location Wise Report.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=E:\pentaho\bi-server\pentaho-solutions\samples\reporting\Location Wise Report.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source request to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "html" to parameter outputType (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source runtime to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding default value of "[{report-output-desc=PDF, report-output-type-id=pdf}, {report-output-desc=Excel, report-output-type-id=xls}, {report-output-desc=Word, report-output-type-id=rtf}, {report-output-desc=Web Page, report-output-type-id=html}, {report-output-desc=Comma Separated Value, report-output-type-id=csv}]" to parameter outputTypeList (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: Adding variable source response to parameter content (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=d1f1260b-49d0-11dd-aaa0-6d90d6d7ede6, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=E:\pentaho\bi-server\pentaho-solutions (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=E:\pentaho\bi-server\pentaho-solutions (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: SQL2005 - javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: SQL2005 not bound (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0007 - Connection to data source is not valid (org.pentaho.plugin.sql.SQLLookupRule)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for SQLLookupRule did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

Server Version: Pentaho BI Platform 1.6.0.GA.863

you need to add your myserver jndi datasource to the system with the following manual:
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/PentahoDoc/Configuring+JNDI+Datasources+for+use+in+the+Pentah o+BI+Platform.

But please be carefull because after I did it. --> I'va got a new problem. My Databaseconnection is obviously correct but i can't publish reports.

Message from Report Designer:

PublishingFailedrg.pentaho.actionsequence.dom.Ac tionInputConstant cannot be cast to org.pentaho.actionsequence.dom.ActionInput

It would be really nice to get your result after adding the jndi.