Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Publishing with metadata editor

Question Opening Reports in different machines of the network

Hello everybody,

I have done a couple of reports to test them as part of the samples solution (while at the same time I'm trying to create my own solution, I haven't been able yet), so I create the part of the report relevant to te metadata editor so I publish to "localhost:8080...", so locally I can see everything without problems, but if I try to see the reports using another machine, it tries to open the reports from localhost, but not using the original IP address that I used initially. What could the problem be? I also tried publishing to the ip address (192.168.1.25) and when I open in the browser using that IP, if I try to open the report it opens localhost instead of the IP, and as I started session in pentaho with the IP address, it thinks localhost is another server, sees that I have no open sessions on it and opens login window using localhost
    What could I do? where is the main problem?
    Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by ozwolverine; 07-16-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Lightbulb

I guess I've just found it. I guess it is necessary just to change the "Base Url" in the file:
    ./tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/web.xml
    pointing to the IP Address, I haven't tried it, but I think that's the solution.

Thanks a lot.