Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: crosstab's views

Talking crosstab's views

Hi all, I've been working over pentaho for long time. Now I can see that when there is many dimensions and measures over the query the table view can grow untill lost the view of all data. and it can be difficult to navigate or explore.

The user have to memorize all the titles of row and column for explorate all data. Now my question is ¿Are there any way to block the title rows and columns into the table?

Default cross tab

hi

I have not tried this but there is a sample for Cross tab in pentaho reporting samples.
    U can also find docs for creating cross tab reports
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/...Report,+Part+1
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/...Report,+Part+2

Thanks
    silna

Default Crosstab's view

The problem in not how create a report or config an query for user. The problem is that the user would like to see more than a couple of columns and / or rows for view. I wish that row and column's title will been always visibles. this is a modification to JPIVOT and how it render the table.

colname1 | colname2 | colname3

rowname1

rowname2

rowname3

rownameN

If i wish see the rownameN i can see also the column name and don't have to up or down the entire page one and other and other time to see my data.

Sounds like your looking for a feature in excel? where you lock or freeze the rows on the top so you can scroll freely and be able to easily reference lables?

the quick fix is to train the users to use that feature of excel or open office calc. I think in calc it's split screen. THat will do it for any sort of reports. For a jpivot table might be another problem. Higher resolution? or ask your self if there is a better way to group and display the data..

Getting lost in the data is no way to use information.

Just a thought,

Nic
    Try not to have too much fun.
    - - - -
    Nic Guzaldo
    That guy who shows up here
    and there