Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem with "Table Input"

Default Problem with "Table Input"

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with "Table Input"-step. When I try to feed IN-Parameter for SQL-Query from JavaScript (param. of type "Date"), I become the message "Expected to read parameters from step [Modified Java Script Value] but none were found.", although in "Show output fields" i can see one out-param.
    When I try to use In-Param from Db-Procedure, the call of "Table Input"-Step doesn't end. The IN-Param for the SQL-Query is correct, I have tested this. The same SQL-query with the same param. executed on the DB lasts less then a second.

See screenshots.

Are these kattle bugs or my faults?
    I work with v. 3.1 RC1

Thanks in advance, elko
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Is any data being generated by the dbproc step?

Regards,
    Sven

Hi Sven,

there is no data generated in step db_proc, this procedure looks like this:

procedure (datum OUT Date)
    is
    --
    begin
    datum := SYSDATE;
    end;

And I have also noticed, that the same trasformation is differently executed within Spoon and within Pentaho-Action. Within Spoon-execution the out-param in dc_proc is not empty, but within Pentaho-Action execution this param (datum) is empty and I get following error message:
    "Expected to read parameters from step [db_proc] but none were found"

elko
    Last edited by elko; 08-25-2008 at 07:20 AM.

So you already found the problem (table input not getting data) but you still have to find why out dbproc doesn't return data in some cases... I would start looking at access rights on your procedure.

Regards,
    Sven

I think, there is no problem in access rights, because even when I generate a new output field in JavaScript, I get the same message:
    "Expected to read parameters from step [.. java script..] but none were found"

The second question: why does the step "table input" doesn't end? There are no endless loops...(see screenshot)

Any idea?

Regards, elko
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do you trigger the javascript in your test with a generate row step... you probably don't receive input in the table input step, I don't see another reason why else it would issue your error message.

Regards,
    Sven