Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Running JasperReports in Pentaho

Default Running JasperReports in Pentaho

Hi All,

I am trying to run a jasperreport (that has been tested and runs well in JasperServer) on Pentaho and it gives me the following error - I have the JDBC driver set and a valid mysql connection parameters set in the xaction.

Does Jasperreports work in Pentaho 1.7 ?? Any pointers would be appreciated. Attached is the xaction file.

Error: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified. (org.pentaho.plugin.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: Starting execute of //JasperEmployeeReport.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
    Debug: SolutionRepository.DEBUG_FILE_PATH - getFile path=c:\pentaho\bi-server\pentaho-solutions\JasperEmployeeReport.xaction (org.pentaho.repository.filebased.solution.SolutionRepository)
    Debug: audit: instanceId=dd20970e-72cf-11dd-87fd-6f7a6e227679, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: validateComponent validating component JasperReportsComponent (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Debug: Validating component for action JasperEmployeeReport.xaction (org.pentaho.plugin.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: imageUrl is "{0}"getImage?image= (org.pentaho.plugin.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: imageDir is "{0}"system/tmp (org.pentaho.plugin.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Debug: removeEmptyRows is {0}true (org.pentaho.plugin.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Error: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified. (org.pentaho.plugin.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent)
    Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - Action components do not validate: JasperEmployeeReport.xaction (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - Action sequence validation failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine
    Attached Files Attached Files

Yes, it works. I use standard jndi and pass the connection in the .xaction
    Pedro Alves
    Meet us on ##pentaho, a FreeNode irc channel

pstoellberger Guest

I couldn't use JDBC for JasperReports... just JNDI
    I get the same error message like you for JDBC

Sorry to up this old post but i have the same problem...

Where do I have to configure the JNDI connection ? in which file ? Because when I create a .xaction file, I don't have jndi connection in the list.

I use Pentaho 2.0.

Thanks a lot !

pstoellberger Guest

you create the JNDI connection with administration-console : http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/Serv...g+Data+Sources

you can use that then in the xaction step that renders the jasper report

btw, as far as i can remember - the jasperreport JAR's are quite outdated in biserver installation. try to search for jasper in this forum. i suggested some libs you should replace in another thread

Ok thank you for your reply.

I created my JNDI connection, and now i have another error...
    Erreur : RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - [fr_33] ActionDefinition for JasperReportsComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.platform.engine.services.runtime.RuntimeContext)
    I try to do what you did in this post :
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=65252

But it doesn't work anymore... can you telle me more about that ?
    For example, in tomcat/common/lib , there are jasper-compiler.jar, jasper-compiler-jdt.jar, jasper-runtime.jar... Do I have to replace these files ? I try to copy jasperreports-3.5.2.jar, jdt-compiler-3.1.1.jar from my directory of iReport to this directory but it doesn't work...
    Do I have to rename these files like the old ?

I know that I have a lot of question but I would like it works.

You, Do you succeed in ?

Thanks

pstoellberger Guest

the correct directory where you need to replace the files is: biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\lib

e.g jasperreports-2.0.5.jar is in there... which is really old
    try to look for other jar's in your iReport lib directory which have a different version number than the one in web-inf/lib

ok ok... I had already do that...

I'm going to try to understand why it doesn't work...

Thank you.

pstoellberger Guest

you can try to increase the logging level in \biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.xml so you see more in tomcat\logs\catalina.out or tomcat\bin\pentaho.log

ok.

I don't have more information... just :
    ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent] Error Start: Pentaho Pentaho Platform Engine Core 2.0.0.stable.35509
    2009-06-23 15:21:53,115 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent] Error Start: Pentaho Pentaho Platform Engine Core 2.0.0.stable.35509
    2009-06-23 15:21:53,115 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.plugin.action.jasperreports.JasperReportsComponent] d102c04c-5ff8-11de-bb80-1f589ee7c7ba:COMPONENT:context-26013884-1245763313084:testok.xactionBase.ERROR_0002 - L'exécution du composant à échouée
    The number of error that we can have with Pentaho is crazy... I discover Pentaho for 1 month and I never see so many errors anywhere ! lol

Here, my xaction file, very simple...
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <action-sequence> 
      <title>testok</title>
      <version>1</version>
      <logging-level>TRACE</logging-level>
      <documentation> 
        <author>Borowsky</author>  
        <description>Empty blank action sequence document</description>  
        <help/>  
        <result-type/>  
        <icon/> 
      </documentation>

<inputs/>

<outputs/>

<resources> 
        <report-definition> 
          <solution-file> 
            <location>testok.jasper</location>  
            <mime-type>text/plain</mime-type> 
          </solution-file> 
        </report-definition> 
      </resources>

<actions> 
        <action-definition> 
          <component-name>JasperReportsComponent</component-name>
          <action-type>Jasper</action-type>
          <action-inputs/>
          <action-resources> 
            <report-definition type="resource"/> 
          </action-resources>
          <action-outputs/>
          <component-definition> 
            <output-type><![CDATA[html]]></output-type>  
            <jndi><![CDATA[mysql_test]]></jndi>
          </component-definition> 
        </action-definition>

</actions> 
    </action-sequence>
    If you see an error...

I add the connection "mysql_test" in the administration console...

Thank you