Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: unique rows

Unhappy unique rows

Hello,

i have two sorted streams that get merged by a "sorted merge". after that i want to separate the rows that exist only once from all others. So i used the "unique rows" to count every entry and then the filter to process the unique items and all others. Doing so i got a strange behaviour of the "unique rows" tool. My data originally contains a key "Bauer" and a key "bauer". After processing there is only "Bauer" left and the counter says 2. Ignore case was set to "n". Changing to "y" does not effect the result. As there is no explanation in the handbook concerning the "ignore case" i wonder what was going wrong and how to fix it or if it is a bug?

best regards
    Winfried

DEinspanjer Guest

What version are you using?

DEinspanjer Guest

Unique rows doesn't honor its case insensitive flag properly. That is a bug that should be fixed in 3.1. In the mean time, you can work around it by using a sort rows step and setting the "Case Sensitive" flag in it to N. That flag will carry over to the unique rows step.

DEinspanjer Guest

Created bug http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-1650 and checked in a fix for v3.1GA

thanks a lot

works now for me