Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Job Plugin Example

Default Job Plugin Example

Anyone know of a jobentry plugin example that uses annotations? I found the wiki for creating a step but I didn't find anything for a jobentry. Thanks.

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-511

So it's still a bug or we lack documentation ... problem I saw is that the job annotation somewhere requires a "pentaho" enumeration as parameter.

Regards,
    Sven

I think I figured out how to create a jobentry plugin. I took the ping jobentry source code and used it as a template. Basically I took out the guts of it and changed it to just take a string and log the string when it is run. The annotation usage looked like:

@org.pentaho.di.core.annotations.Job(id="TEST_JOB", image="ui/images/DPL.png", tooltip="my test jobentry", type=JobEntryType.NONE)

(Since the annotation sets up the id and type I removed those setters from the constructor)

To get it to show up in spoon I had to set KETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES to the package. Then when I started spoon it was visible. Not sure if this helps you or not but I am going to go with this for now and see if I can create my more complicated jobentries.

Hi jplater,

Did u manage to make this work?

I see that http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PDI-511 has been reopened so was wondering if you succeeded in creating your own job plugin.

Thanks,

Chris