Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Is Tomcat going to be the primary server for the platform now?

Default Is Tomcat going to be the primary server for the platform now?

I see that the first 2.0 milestone includes Tomcat as the server, instead of JBoss. Is this just a milestone thing, or is Tomcat going to be the primary platform now?

Cheers!

as far as I can tell the only main reason for jboss was the portal part of pentaho, I haven't tried 2.0 so I'm not sure if its included or not. I for one would like to see a swap to tomcat cause its damn sight smaller and doesn't take 2minutes to startup. As usual though I you'll be able to do a manual deployment on either so I guess when it comes to deploying it, it doesn't matter that much.

Tom
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

Tom's understanding is correct. We continue to be application server and portal agnostic, and support a variety of our subscription customers on a number of different application servers. However, from a download size and startup time perspective, Tomcat brings a lighter-weight experience for evaluators new to the Pentaho platform. Folks wanting to evaluate portal integration can still use JBoss or another compliant portal like Liferay.

Default Support for Websphere/Weblogic appservers with other databases

Hi,

Does this mean that, with subscription, we can get ported versions of the Pentaho platform to Weblogic, WebSphere app servers with MSSQL Server and Oracle as database servers.

Thanks for the clarification,

Niru

Quote Originally Posted by jternent View Post
    Tom's understanding is correct. We continue to be application server and portal agnostic, and support a variety of our subscription customers on a number of different application servers. However, from a download size and startup time perspective, Tomcat brings a lighter-weight experience for evaluators new to the Pentaho platform. Folks wanting to evaluate portal integration can still use JBoss or another compliant portal like Liferay.

The best way to get an answer for your specific needs would be to contact the folks in Sales who can evaluate your needs and let you know the types of support arrangements we can provide. At the end of the day, we're a reasonably well-behaved J2EE web application that is known to run in production on most modern commercial and open source servlet 2.4 containers, but some combinations of application server, database server, and versions thereof may limit our ability to meet certain SLAs (WebSphere on iSeries, for instance). The last WebSphere or Weblogic issue I remember seeing was around WebSphere 5.x, which didn't support the 2.4 servlet spec, if memory serves.

Default JBoss AS/Portal

Hi,

Can I build 2.0 version with JBoss like I did in previous versions, using manual install package and manual install gudide?

regards, dejan

pstoellberger Guest

yes, there is a manual install package in http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=648414