Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: CSV to Oracle

Default CSV to Oracle

Hi all,

i have a problem writing data to an oracle db. I successfully imported and transformed data from a csv file. Exporting to an excel-file is no problem. But writing to oracle, I unfortunately receive an ORA-01861 error, which tells me, that there is a problem converting the date-field to a correct value.

I already tried to use a java-script-block to convert the date into a string, but I wasn't able to bring this to work.

Why can't spoon automatically transform the date, when I wanto to write it to an oracle-db (e.g. by using to_date)? How can I see the sql-statements, spoon wants to execute? How can I bring this all to work?

Best regards,

Alex

Should should the date type right (in the csv input directly or via a select values step) and it should work. You can probably see the query being executed when you put on row level debugging... but it will only show the prepared statement.

Regards,
    Sven

>Why can't spoon automatically transform the date, when I wanto to write it to an oracle-db (e.g. by using to_date)?

It can.

>How can I see the sql-statements, spoon wants to execute?

Set the logging level to "Detailed"

>How can I bring this all to work?

Flash screencast available for this particular example : http://www.ibridge.be/?p=67

Matt