Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Problem creating a schedule in platform 2.0

Default Problem creating a schedule in platform 2.0

Hi,

I know this is possible because i've seen jiras relating to problems with scheduled jobs. so presumabky someone managed to create a schedule!

When i go to add a schedule, the finish button remains disabled, no matter which options i click, or specify!

This is in firefox3, i understand the test team use firefox as well as IE so i dont think thats the problem, but i checked anyway and it failed in ie6 too. Maybe i should try chrome

Are you adding a schedule via the Pentaho Admin Console, or by right-clicking on the action sequence in the navigation view?

right clicking in the navigation view.

I didnt realise i could do it in the admin console, so i'll try there!

Okay, thanks, Dan. I've asked the engineer responsible for the new navigation app to comment on the subscriptions. I know we refactored the behavior a couple of times to ensure consistency between the navigation app and the navigation console, so hopefully it's a straightforward problem.

The admin console has a much friendlier approach to scheduling than cron expressions, so we hope you like what you see so far!

Oh, and I think I speak for Jared, our QA manager, when I say "There ain't no such thing as too much testing!"

Thanks again,

John

Can't replicate on the current build -- did it fail for all xactions, or only certain ones? Was there a console error that might give some insights as to the underlying cause?

I'll keep an eye on this as we move towards the next milestone.

sorry no console eror - the problem was simply that the finish button remained disabled.

Dont worry, i'll try on M2 when that comes out, any ideas when thats due roughly?

When you've reported all current bugs codek
    This is a signature.... everyone gets it.

Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!
    Checkout the Saiku, the future of Open Source Interactive OLAP(http://analytical-labs.com)

http://mattlittle.files.wordpress.co...-bananaman.jpg

that could take years!!! )

Ouch.

We're presently targeting the 15th for a fresh milestone build, stay tuned!

Well i found M3, and i still have a similar problem - check out the snapshot i've attached here - note how the finish button remains disabled.

I understand the workaround is to add the schedules in the admin console tho.

by the way the new Mantle skin in M3 and latest features are amazing!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Cannot Create Schedules

Was this problem ever resolved?

I am getting the same error in both the User and Admin Console. No matter what I try the OK or Finish button on the Schedule creator remains greyed out so I cannot create any scheduled jobs.

Any assistance with the scheduler would be appreciated.

Running BI Server ce 2.0 RC1